Hey Girl, Hey! I am back with another playful Sally Beauty post and this time it is all about nails. I tend to be a bit lazy about my nails, opting for nail polish stickers, but every once in a while, I do find myself playing in the polish. Also I suck at this, but practice makes perfect right? In this case, I tried about four times to make this work! Ombre Nails!?!
If the polish is pigmented enough, I will definitely play! AND as we head into the holidays, there are tons of gift sets, promotions, and deals that only make it easier to play in- let’s call it Thanksgifting (or Sally Beauty calls it this). So one for you and two for me- right? LOLOL
Over the years, I have tended NOT to have acrylic, letting my nails go bare and strong with the help of my trusty supplements (Hello Toji). So now that my nails have been growing more, I think they are up for a little décor, right? To help me with this, I have picked out a few hues from the FingerPaints line, exclusive to Sally Beauty! They are new to me, so I thought why not? AND I decided to ombre it! I learned this trick a while back and wanted to give a whirl on my own! Now do not laugh, as I have tried this a few times today to get it right!
My Ombre Nails and FingerPaints Tutorial
Here is the finished product:
I must note, there are many ways to do this, I just chose the easiest for me way, since I am quite clumsy, not so coordinated, and impatient. Maybe this is why stickers worked so well for me. HA! Anywho, keep reading…
My Ombre Nails and FingerPaints Tutorial:
- Make sure that your nails are clean and dry! Also make sure cuticles are pushed back too for optimal nail bed.
- Have handy wedge sponges. Sometimes I use them for foundation application, but today, it is all about the nails. Some folks suggest soaking in water to prevent the polish from being soaked up!
- Unscrew the polish for easy access, but don’t take the lid off.
- Paint the sponge with a few coats with color and pattern of your choice. Paint the top of the square base of the sponge. If you want to get fancy, and other colors like a rainbow! I just stuck to two colors. (Add specific polish colors here.)
- Stamp the top of the sponge onto your nail and let dry. Repeat. Depending on your color choices, you can repeat for deeper hues.
- Apply a top coat and this helps blend the polish!
- Clean up the sides of your nails with a cue tip or a brush and polish remover!
And BOOM! Obvs I need practice, but not bad for the first go round, huh! Fancy Ombre nails, thanks to FingerPaints from Sally Beauty! Next time, I will layer the colors with different hues, something bold, maybe sparkly, maybe more of a contrast in a brighter tone.
AND did you know that if you snatch up your FingerPaints in November and December, they have a gift with purchase! My score is the Cheetah iPhone Wrislet Wallet! WOOT. Two gifts in one! I think this will go to a cousin of mine who LOOOVESSS animal print!
But if FingerPaints isn’t for you, Sally Beauty is thanking shoppers in November with over 40 gifts with purchase throughout the store. I seriously do love this time of year when it comes to beauty!!! Sally Beauty wants us to ALSO focus on ourselves, getting “Thanksgifted” and ultimately treating ourselves. I am here for it all.
Check out all of the FingerPaints Colors here!
Want to know what purchases have gifts that come with it? Check out the Sally Beauty Holiday Gift Guide here!