Hey Girl Hey!
I’m so glad you came here to check out the curvy commentary designed to help you get your life and be your fabulous self. No matter your size, you deserve to have theee BEST resources, information, and FLY ass fashion to make your life as amazing as you are.
What is The Curvy Fashionista?
The Curvy Fashionista is a Blog-Bizness focused on uplifting, supporting, and styling every woman who knows that her size has absolutely nothing to do with her style. Every woman can be stylish, chic, and abounding in curves.
The Curvy Fashionista is your one-stop shop for all things curvy, confident, and chic. There’s nothing the curvy woman can’t do, and The Curvy Fashionista makes that clear. From sharing shopping secrets to empowering women to live free in the skin they’re in, The Curvy Fashionista has become the inclusive inspiration for plus-size women around the world.
Why The Curvy Fashionista?
Why not? LOL.
Can’t nobody take our pride; can’t nobody hold us down, OH NO, we got to keep on moving!
The media has not always been accepting of women over the dress size of 2, so I did it. I’m Marie Leggette, the original Curvy Fashionista, and I knew plus-sized women needed a space and place to find everything that made them feel good, look good, and do good. This is the ultimate virtual home of all things CURVY, FABULOUS, and CHIC! If you need to know what women sizes 12-26 are thinking, wearing, or doing, The Curvy Fashionista is the Blog-Bizness to run to every time.
More about Me
I’ll say this again. I’m Marie, and I am the Editor in Chic of The Curvy Fashionista, a brand I established in 2008. I’ve been into fashion since I was a kid, and I love all things stylish and chic. My mission in this life is to encourage plus sized women to be who they are with confidence and style. I want every women who is not the “magazine-model” size to walk with their head high and their fashion on point. I’m positive that curvy women can be fashionable and fabulous because I do it everyday.
With 11 years of experience and influence in the plus sized fashion sphere, I hold dear the accomplishments I’ve made on behalf of the curvy women nation.
Here’s what I’ve done to move the plus size fashion industry forward:
- Honored as The Root 100’s List of the Most Influential African Americans for 2017
- Created the TCFStyle Expo, an annual plus size shopping event where women & men bond over style, entertainment and empowerment
- Featured in Ebony, Essence, Lucky Magazine, Glamour Magazine, Black Enterprise Magazine, Marie Claire Italia, The London Times, The Wall Street Journal, Madame Noire, Shape Magazine, The Los Angeles Times, and more
- Seen on The Ricki Lake Show
- Partnered with top retailers and brands such as Nordstrom, Marina Rinaldi, Old Navy, Gwynnie Bee, Eloquii, Ashley Stewart, Chevrolet, and other brands
- Contributed as a freelance writer to top literary platforms such as Plus Model Magazine, US Today, Styleblazer, Huffington Post, and Ebony.com.