Connect

Gotta Have It: The Stiletto Jean from Torrid

So, for the longest time, I have had this love/hate relationship with Torrid. I have wanted to love them for the longest but I have never LOVED them… that was until I was invited down to their headquarters last week to have a “coming to Jesus” talk with fellow bloggers.

While we were there, we shared our true and honest emotions, feelings, and thoughts about the brand. How I felt their audience was skewed, the impression of their clothing, and of course I had that one post about their facebook wall…

HOWEVER. Listening to them, hearing their replies from our HARSH and HONEST feedback, I think I even asked the designers “Would you wear this?,” I was open to see what they have been cooking. So much so, that when they asked us to try on a few items, especially the jeans, I moved with cautious optimism.

See, I am a denim nerd. HARDCORE. So, when I agreed to try on their Stiletto Denim that I have been hearing so much about, I was a skeptic.

The Plus Size Stiletto Jean from Torrid

THE VERDICT:

UM. ‘SCUSE ME TORRID. I AM in love with their Stiletto jeans! SO much so, that Sunday, I bought TWO pairs of them! MMHMMM. I bought TWO PAIRS: the 28” Stiletto jean and the Polka Dot ones. And you need to as well!

Related:   Gotta Have It: Eloquii Classic Seamed Sheath Dress

The 26 Inch Stiletto Jean

The Plus Size Stiletto Jean from Torrid- 26 Inches

Here is why:

• These jeans are so comfortable for me, the rise hits right at 9 inches, so it is not so low or too high!
  • The blend of the denim does not have too much spandex, to keep the integrity of the denim (read: no saggy booty).
  • I love that this denim comes in two inseams. You have the option of the lower calf hit at 26” or right above the ankle in a 28” inseam.
  • These jeans are seasonless and offer a variety of lifestyle options. You can dress them up or down, with stilettos or boots for the fall.

You can tell that I really dug these, because I was still dreaming of them a week later and bought TWO PAIRS.

The 28 Inch Stiletto Jeans

The Plus Size Stiletto Jean from Torrid - 28 Inches

The Polka Dot Stiletto Jeans

The Plus Size Stiletto Jean from Torrid - Polka Dot

You can score the stiletto jeans from Torrid here!

The Plus Size Stiletto Jean from Torrid

Have you tried these Stiletto Jeans on? How would you rock these? Let me know in the comments below!

1. Arianna

March 12, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I love their stiletto jeans!!! I got a pair last season that I wear all the time. I wanted to ask you how would you pair the polak dot jeans? I have a pair from a different company but they are capri cut…and im not sure the kind of top to go with it. Ideas?  TY!

April 15, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Bold bright hues!!! I am thinking pink or yellow! 🙂

2. Stacey Harris

March 12, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Love these! I bought the polka dot ones a couple of weeks ago and I’m loving them. I’m excited to see how you pair them, I’ve been looking for some new ideas.

April 15, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I havent even worn them yet! LOL The pressure now! 🙂

3. K-Lee

March 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I love wearing jeans but I always have trouble getting the right fit. These look amazing, but I’m wondering just how stretchy they are? I’ve always found that jeans with lots of stretch fit great for the first couple of wears and then the fit starts to change as they begin to stretch permanently. I know you said there’s not too much spandex, but I’d be really interested to hear how they stand the test of time if anyone has had a pair for a while???

• Erin

March 21, 2013 at 3:36 PM

These actually really keep their shape very well. Even after hours of wear, they stay just as snug in the tuchus as fresh out of the dryer. I’ve been wearing mine pretty regularly for almost a year, and they are still in great shape!

4. Aarti Olivia

March 12, 2013 at 8:25 PM

those polka dotted jeans – Im in love!
    I’ve been iffy about purchasing items from Torrid because well, I don’t have anyone here to compare plus size shopping notes with. So thank you for this!!

5. Maria Fatica

March 19, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I ordered the Polka Dot Ones! Can’t wait to try them out!

6. Erin

March 21, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I’ve been wearing the crap out of mine for a while… I’d also highly recommend the Sophia jegging for something just a smidge less tight, and a little longer. Torrid are my go-to jean these days.

7. Kim 'Phillii' McCarter

April 2, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Girl, the Torrid Stietto is one of my best fitting jeans. I have three pair!