I love wearing black. Nothing I would rather wear. It’s sleek, sophisticated, and versatile for any occasion. I know some of you swear by color. Plus size women have for so long been relegated to basic black pieces in boring cuts that black has gotten somewhat of a bad rap. But black doesn’t have to be basic! I mean, look at CarmaKoma for example! It doesn’t have to be boring! Textures, fringe, mixed fabrics, and unique cuts make wearing black interesting.
Basic Black? Not so much with these amazingly chic plus size pieces in black!!! Plus size fashion is getting better. We don’t always have to wait until a season or two has passed to get the trends in our size! What I love is that not only do these pieces have interesting cuts or include great fabrics, most of these pieces are incredibly current. Check out the offerings from some of our favorite plus size brands and stores this fall:
12 All Black Plus Size Picks For Fall!
1. Worn over skater dresses, with joggers, or with a midi skirt, this ASOS Curve Biker is sure to steal the spotlight.
2. Loving the look and feel for capes this fall. This Boohoo Plus Pinstripe Cape Chic with wide leg denim or polished with a mid-calf pencil skirt.
3. Sleek and sultry, this CarmaKoma Skimmer trench is the perfect way to add a sleek polish to your head to toe all black ensemble.
4. Sometimes, tops can just be interesting and such is the case with this City Chic longline top, when paired with a mini, skinny jeans or leggings!
5. Texture always adds interest! Steal the scene in this Eloquii Leather Fringed Dress.
6. Play up the legs and the bum in this Fashion to Figure illusion serving mesh striped pencil skirt
7. Feeling both sweet and edgy? Go for this matching floral lace set from Forever 21 Plus.
8. Polished with a bit of a 'tude. Sophisticated with an edge is just what this Girl with Curves High Low Dress is serving.
9. Turn head and break necks with this thigh baring number from Monif C. Cocktail parties and nights out with the girls will definitely leave stories to tell!
10. Right on Trend for the fall, these Mynt 1792 Wide Leg Trousers are a must have for the fall season!
11. A little sweet a little spicy, this Torrid flounce skirt hugs the curves and gives a nod to femininity without being too sweet!
12. DRAMA. Not for the timid or shy, this Adrianna Papell Cape Dress is LIFE. Period.
Exciting right? Capes and capelets are sooo HUGE this fall, and you will find coats, dresses, jackets, and yes, even JUMPSUITS available with capes. Wide leg culottes were one of the hottest pants shapes off the fall runways, and they’re available in plus size! So many fun and unique plus size fashion options in faux or real black leather, another major trend this fall. Sheer details and lace are big fabric trends this fall, and we have them!
It’s exciting to see the tide change in plus size fashion. Yes, there is still a long way to go towards having the options available in straight sizes, but we are seeing serious progress.
Do you see any pieces you may want to nab? Will you be wearing a lot of black this fall? What do you think of our 12 All Black Plus Size Picks For Fall?