When most people hear the words “plus size luxury,” they want to run and hide because their first thought is it’s too expensive. But, luxury doesn’t always mean breaking the bank. It’s about quality, substantial items that will grow with your wardrobe and lifestyle.
The key is avoiding trendy purchases and spending more money on staple pieces (items that will last forever and will never go out of style).
Plus size luxury purchases are where you want to take your time, do your research, and make sure it’s in your budget. My rule of thumb is “If you can’t purchase it twice then you don’t need it.” This rule isn’t to discourage you – one of the worst feelings is buying a luxury item and regretting it or the item you hesitated on buying is sold out. How devastating. It’s always a great idea to start a savings fund for your most desirable luxury purchases.
Your first luxury purchase can be terrifying. You are about to spend an exorbitant amount of money on a pair of shoes, dress, earrings, or handbag. My first luxury purchase was a pair of Christian Louboutin nude pumps. I had these shoes on my mood board forever and couldn’t stop thinking about them. The reasons why I desired them were, of course, the red soles and that I never wanted to purchase another pair of nude pumps. Well, at least not round-toed leather ones.
What are the pros of purchasing luxury?
- Long-lasting product
- Well made/hand-made
- Free repairs and replacement
If you haven’t noticed I am Team Luxury for many reasons. I truly enjoy the shopping experience, the employees are knowledgeable, kind, and extremely patient. I love knowing that this product can last for decades and literally grow with me and my wardrobe.
Quality is crucial to me. Who wants to wear items that fall apart after the first wear? Answer: no one.
Spring Into Plus Size Luxury With These Gorgeous Pieces
Remember, before you purchase anything, there is no rush. Take your time and research. Make sure you are purchasing from a credible website or retailer. Here are some of my favorite tips when shopping for luxury fashion:
- Physically go into a store, try on your desired purchase, ask the associate questions, touch it and investigate everything. Don’t worry; you aren’t annoying… many potential customers do the same thing.
- Buy now, pay later is a great option if you want to pay off your purchase slowly.
- Watching YouTube videos are a great option to see the item; receive an honest review, and assist you in making your final decision.
- Be practical with your purchase and envision the various ways you can wear it. You can never wear your items too much.
Are there any luxury items on your wishlist? Did you see anything on our list that you love? If you are hesitant about purchasing luxury items, did this article change your mind? I can’t wait to hear from ya’ll.