When I first started blogging, the very first review I did was with the lovely people at Seal With A Kiss. So I was only the more flattered when they reached back out and chatted me up about their latest pieces and offered us the chance to review another item again!
Marie’s (size 16/18) take:
Staying true to my style aesthetic, I opted for the Goddess Maxi Dress. Seriously, when I shop for items, I find that I stick to classic shapes, ones that translate over a multitude of seasons, and fabrications that will last more than one wash. Of course I opt for color, and lately I have found that I have the most eerie affinity towards turquoise right now! lol I went for a size 2X in the dress, leaving room forÂ lengthÂ and just in case it shrinks while I wear it!
So, here is why I <3 this dress, will wear it a gazillion times, and already have.
- The fit is perfection! Enough room in the chest, not too much cleavage, but just enough!
- TheÂ length! I am 5’8″ and the dress just skims the floor! On the shorter side?? No worries! The dress has a raw edge (no hem), so you can easily (or professionally) shorten the bottom!
- The cotton blend of the dress breathes well enough in the California heat!
- I can dress my dress up or down! The finish of the cotton is perfect enough to wear to a lunch party, or to the beach!
Kristal’s (size 22/24) Take:
I chose the Selena Dress. The verdict?
Two thumbs up and a HIGH FIVE on the side!Â This dress made me feel like I was a sassy business woman ready to conquer the world. The details of the dress are simple but with criss-cross rouching along the breasts, a tempting peek-a-boo opening in back and the form fitting pencil skirt at the bottom, I knew this dress was more than what I thought it could be. This dress definitely accentuated the positive,Â camouflageÂ the negative but most of all– it made every curve of my body– POP!!!!
This dress did not make me- It was my body-these hips and lovely lady lumps, that made the Dress! And this is how every woman should feel when you put on a dress. I can honestly say that the dress draws attention to your body and if you love every corner of your body-You will have a field day wearing this dress!
Overall, SWAK offers great options at greatÂ price-points! I always thought SWAK was a more casual line,Â Â however, after seeing Kristal in her Selena dress, I had to rethink that- and so should you! Although you will 9/10 times see me rocking a dress, sometimes I need day-to-day options… I think S.W.A.K. has piqued my interest as a go to!
Please check out Sealed with a Kiss Designs!
Sealed with a Kiss would like to give away the Goddess Dress! To enter, here is what you have to do:
- Go to Sealed With a Kiss Fan Page and “like” them- becoming a Fan!
- Post on your page, â€œI want the Goddess Maxi Dress from @Sealed With a Kiss Designs Plus Size Boutique that Marie Rockedâ€ (You HAVE to TAG them with an @ sign)
- Winner will be chosen on Friday, July 30th!
I am the Editor in Chic of The Curvy Fashionista. Often goofy. Forever emo. Always a Virgo. You can find me somewhere grooving to 90s R&B.