As The Curvy Fashionista editors, we write about stuff we love and think you’ll like, too. We often use affiliate links, which means we receive a small share of the revenue from your purchase. This does not affect the amount you pay for the product in any way, shape, or form.
The weather is heating up as well as your social calendar! Shopping is calling our names. Time to reach for one of your favorite little black dresses! Do you already have this closet essential– The LBD (Plus Size Little Black Dress)? THIS is a must have for everyone’s wardrobe!
If you’re anything like me, you probably have a few in your closet already. As far as I’m concerned, you can never have too many LBD’s. If I go to my closet right now I’m sure I have about 3… or 4-5, but who’s really counting? But, enough about MY closet and let’s delve into yours…
What I have done is scoured the nets, gathered up a few plus size little black dresses, and presented them all nice and cute like for you to shop from! You know, just a few must have dresses for the summer! We’ve already spotlighted White Dresses, Plus size maxi dresses, and now? On to plus size little black dresses!
Why a Little Black Dress? Well, these dresses can be worn in the workplace, to Happy Hour, or even to a wedding. Depending on how you style and accessorize certain options, you can even wear them on a casual day!
You can never go wrong in a perfect LBD! And that is why we fetched a few for you today! Take a look at these dress options, all different in style, and let me know what you think!
15 Must Have Plus Size Little Black Dresses for the Summer!
Great options, right?! As you can see, having a few LBD options in different styles, lengths and materials is perfect because each one can be worn for different occasions.
We understand that finding the perfect LBD for plus size figures can be tricky. It is all about patience, exploration, and a little humor. BUT, to give you a better guided approach, we are here to help you navigate things, to find your perfect plus size little black dress!
Here are three style and fit tips to help you find the perfect little black dress for your body type:
- Consider the cut of the dress. Some cuts of dresses will fit differently or will hang differently on plus bodies than others. For example, wrap dresses and fit-and-flare dresses can help to accentuate your curves, while sheath dresses can create more streamlined look.
- Pay attention to the fabric. Some fabrics are more forgiving than others when it comes to curves. For example, jersey and crepe are both stretchy fabrics that will move with your body, while silk and satin can be more clingy or reveal more of your shape.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles. The best way to find the perfect little black dress for you is to try on a variety of different styles. Don’t be afraid to show some skin! A little bit of skin can be a great way to add a little sex appeal to your LBD.
Here are some additional style tips for Our Fellow Curvy Fashionistas:
- Embrace your curves. The little black dress is a great way to show off your curves in a stylish, bold, playful, or sophisticated way.
- Accessorize with confidence. The right accessories can help to complete the vibe and mood of your look as well as create a more playful and confidence-inducing look.
- Have fun with it! The little black dress is a classic piece that can be dressed up or down for any occasion. So have fun with it and experiment with different styles and looks.
With these tips in mind, you’re sure to find the perfect little black dress for your curvy figure. So go out there and start shopping! Little black dresses are the catch all for life. Literally. Hence why they are such mainstays in the fashion world!
So tell me, which is your favorite? I’m really feeling the maxi option(s), as well as the dress with the little ruching. Very cute!