Fashion+Style

Double take: Old Navy

Every girl loves her deals and steals… as a plus size fashionista, if you can score a fashionable find at a great price, I am all over it, but what happens when your great low-price retailer introduces in a great find at an unexpectedly higher price point?

This is where Old Navy comes in. Over on Twitter, my Curvy fashion blogger girlfriend, @afrobella scooped me on this new Plus Size Gray Wool Cape over at Old Navy. Fabulous right? Well, at a 129.00 price point, I was a little confused, as most Old Navy pieces break the $100 price point!

Given that they do not carry any of their plus size collection in their stores, I would love to hear from you- do you have this coat? Does the price match the quality at Old Navy? Would you spend $130 at Old Navy? How much would you spend on a coat?

Sound off! The Coat is CUTE!!!!

plus size fashion at Chic and Curvy Boutique

1. Goody

November 17, 2009 at 1:21 PM

how much i would spend totally depends on the coat. the fabric, the style, all of that.

now re O/N and this coat, I would not pay this price simply because i do not think its worth it.

and its not that i dont love O/N. There jeans are one of my favs and i have a lot of their dresses and tops.

i am just generally not a fan of wool-blends.
    .-= Goody´s last blog ..Angie Stone: Unexpected =-.

2. Marie Denee

November 17, 2009 at 1:23 PM

What type of jackets do you fancy, if not wool?

3. Pingback: Dear Old Navy | afrobella

4. Brandi

November 17, 2009 at 6:05 PM

The coat is bangin but no way in heck would I pay that for a coat at Old Navy. Sorry, just wouldn’t do it.
    And it’s not 100% wool, it’s wool blend, probably polyester. So it won’t wear or wash well. No thanks.
    I wouldn’t pay more than $75 for a coat at Old Navy.

5. Steph

November 17, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Old Navy has always had expensive coats. Even in normal sizes.

6. Hidi

November 18, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Old Navy has fallen and bump their heads. $129.00 for a FAKE wool coat??!!

Are they serious? I hope it is a joke, but I know they are trying to be

serious. LOL

November 18, 2009 at 10:56 AM

No joking matter… I wonder if they thought to sneak it in… I do wish and hope the best for them!

7. Karen

November 21, 2009 at 8:03 PM

But does anyone ever pay full price at Old Navy? There’s always a discount of coupon.

While they no longer stock the plus size line in stores, they often have 18 and 20 larger straight sizes, which also seem to be a bit bigger lately and fit my 1x-2X size. Having said that, many of their tops fit very oddly for me, so not too much works, but I’ve gotten a few pieces – mostly Ts and a cute velvet jacket two years back. The quality on the latter is good, but the Ts barely make it through a season before becoming PJs.

8. asha

November 22, 2009 at 3:25 PM

the coat is now $99 and they still have all of the sizes. does that make a difference?

9. asha

November 22, 2009 at 3:32 PM

on second thought, i just finished reading the reviews and just about everyone was disappointed, not in the material (wool vs wool-blend) but in the fact that it is not as pictured. sometimes online shopping sucks. oh well…
    .-= asha´s last blog ..to all the men that i’ve ever loved… =-.

10. Anna

November 23, 2009 at 1:31 AM

FYI, you’re misusing the term “price point.” What you really mean is “price.”

11. KayMI

November 28, 2009 at 6:37 PM

There clothes when they were in the store where thin and odd sized I like to try things on I ordered from Swak and the dress was super cheap and they will not give Me My cash back….thank you

November 28, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Hey Kay! What happened? Old Navy or SWAK?