2010 has been a stellar year for Plus Size Fashion! We have seen firsts, broken barriers, challenged stereotypes, and welcomed new admirers and advocates for the curvy Fashionistas out there. In spirit of these amazing strides, I have rounded up some of the most inspirational, monumental, and celebratory moments of 2010.
While I have not highlighted the unfortunate moments, I have featured the best that have gained national exposure, forced the public to take notice and recognize, and give reason to say it loud: I’m (insert favorite plus size identifier here) and I’m proud! These are only the fashion moments, stay tuned this week as I share more top plus size events of 2010!
- Advertisement -
The Top Plus Size Fashion Moments of 2010
- The V Magazine Size Issue
- One Stop Plus Debuts during New York Fashion Week
- The Fuller Woman Expo Shines
- Gabby Sidibe and Amber Riley bring plus size fashion to the red carpets
- Full Figured Fashion Week takes NY and Full Figured Fashion Week(end)™ Hits LA
- Plus Size Fashion Blogger Gabi from YFF is the first MTV TJ
- Plus Size Designer, Monif C. Turns Five
- Beth Ditto and Evans #dittowatch
- Saks Fifth Ave introduces plus size into its designer collections
- Debenhams debut Plus Size Mannequins
- Chenese Lewis hosts the annual Love your Body Day in LA!
- Ashley Graham and the Lane Bryant Commercial
- Beth Ditto featured in Jean Paul Gaultier’s Show
- Vogue Italia introduces Vogue Curvy
- The Plus Academy Launches in the Bay Area and Beyond
- Sample sale site Ideeli brings the deals to plus size fashion
- International Glamour, Elle, Marie Claire, and Cosmopolitan feature plus size models
What do you think? Have I covered them all?
What was your favorite plus size fashion moment for 2010?
You forgot IGIGI voted best plus retailer by FFW!
I can;t figure out how to use ideeli to find plus stuff. when i’ve gone there’s nothing. must be me.
I think the biggest accomplishment in this list is the embrace from mainstream fashion magazines to plus size women. I think this is a huge step to showing the world that we are out there, we are fashionable, and that we are beautiful.