Yes, it is still over 80 Degrees outside (at least in California) but my mind is already starting to shift into Fall mode. And Fall, for me, amongst many things= Boots.
Over the Knee Boots especially.
In my browsing of the internets for over the knee boots in wide calf options, I happened across a few sites for plus size women who crave high quality and high fashion boots that ACTUALLY FIT our calves and/ or wide feet.
Before you press buy, it is important to know that your sizes and how your favorite brands fit!
- Know that the standard for most boots is about a 15” so if you are looking for boots, use this as your guide!
- Measure your calf at its widest point- And measure both calves too! If the difference is more than half an inch, go up an inch!
- If you want to be able to wear your jeans tucked in, take this into account when shopping!
- Measure from your heel to height desired to determine how high you want them to go!
- Quality is key. The worst thing to do is hunt down a pair of boots only for them to fall apart after one season! I suggest that you invest in them, since you will more than likely be rocking them all season long and beyond! I have boots from five years ago! I love them and live for them!
- Petite, plus size, and wide calves? WideWidths.com breaks this down quite nicely!
To ensure you have the best fit, you must note:
- Wide Calf: 16 to 18 ¼” boot
- Extra Wide Calf: 17 ½ to a 20” boot
- Super Wide Calf: 18 to 21” boot
Where to shop for Wide Calf Boots:
In addition to some of our favorite retailers like Evans, Simply Be, Lane Bryant, One Stop Plus, and a few more, there are a few specialty retailers who know a thing or two about a great wide calf boot! No worries, I have a listed them out for you!
Australian boot brand Bennett’s Boots ships internationally and carries boots up to a size 12 (EU 43) with calf widths up to a corresponding 22 inch for the WWW sizes! International shipping is flat rate of $29.95!
This site is sexy. This UK based boot designer delivers wide calf boots up to a 50 cm (roughly 19.6 inches) and shoes sizes up to a 12/ UK 43! The site is chock full of trends, tips, and fashions! They also offer free shipping over $250!
One such place that gives options is WideWidths.com! I went over to the site and was surprised of the options, especially since they go up to a size 13ww and offer boots up to a calf size of 20”+ in selected sizes!
I hope this helps you out as you get ready to shop for boots for fall!