It may be August, but the fall plus size fashion season is in full effect. If you’re one of the fashion-obsessed, then you’ve likely already started to plan your fall 2017 fashion wardrobe and if you haven’t yet taken the shopping plunge, diving into shoes is a fabulous way to get started. There is always a good time for shoe shopping, especially when it comes to fall fashion, the colors are richer, the designs more structured and there is just a little more edge in comparison to shoe landscape of summer.
One of the down sides of shoe shopping is for women who have wide feet and have a difficult time finding styles that are equally well-fitted, comfy and most importantly stylish. Well look no further because there are dozens of flats shoes that fit this description and they are just in time to be added as a chic addition to your closet. From understated neutrals and flashy metallics to a little urban edge in between, we’ve have you covered with the hottest flat shoe styles this season. Happy Shopping!
Fall Fashion Faves ’17: The Best Wide Feet-Friendly Flats
1. This shoe is perfect for those of you who love a little edge, an innovative design and a classic color that can easily go with anything in your closet. The standout leather design features a tasseled front, tie-up closure, exposed sides and an almond-toe silhouette.
Available at Zappos.com
2. A little patent leather goes a long way and when you combine it with the slightest hint of a wedge, the result is a shoe you definitely won’t want to take off all season. Boasting a rich cranberry shade the color of your favorite merlot, this pointed-toe beauty also features a cushioned insole and a metallic silver wedge for contrast.
Available at DSW.com
3. Pointed-toe, check. Criss-cross straps, check. Grommeted details, check. Perfect fall color, check. Pretty much every style box you want to check is possible with these fabulous flats that are conversation-starters to say the least. The soft and supple gray suede surrounds the back zipper and d’Orsay design.
Available at Nordstrom.com
4. There is always an appropriate time for leopard, as it’s just as essential to your wardrobe as an LBD, so that means that you need to get a pair of leopard flats immediately! Taking the more casual approach of a loafer, they have an almond toe, printed calf hair and Step ‘N Flex technology for additional comfort.
Available at Macys.com
5. One of the great things about buying shoes from plus-size retailers is that many of them sell shoes that are not only made for women with wide feet, but they have an overall understanding of what elements of comfort are needed. Adding a luxe touch to the popular ballet flat, these beauties are draped in luscious suede and detailed with criss-cross ankle straps.
Available at Torrid.com
6. Mules were one of the most popular shoe styles this past spring and summer, and now they are carrying over into the fall season as well. The style twist for autumn is to drape them in rich suede and keep the design details to a minimum, resulting in an understated yet polished look.
Available at LaneBryant.com
7. Adding a pop of color to your wardrobe in an easy wake-up call, especially for those who may be hesitant to dive head first into the world of colorful fashion. A simple way to start is by invoking color with your shoes and these stylish red flats will certainly do the trick. They have a T-strap design, lace-up detail, pointed-toe and enough crimson color to send jaws dropping.
Available at AshleyStewart.com
8. Mimic the fall foliage with these orange-hued flats that are hot off the fashion runway! With a slightly higher 1.5 inch heel, they have a pointed-toe, lace-up straps and peekaboo sides. Pair them with an all-black ensemble or a combination of fall-ready colors like mustard, cranberry and emerald. Whatever you decide, you’ll be the envy of everyone around.
Available at Boohoo.com
9. The perfect silver flat is not as easy to come by as you may think, but luckily for you it’s right here at your fingertips…and at a ridiculously affordable price! The design is your classic pointed-toe, however it’s the added embellishment that make these flats stand out from the crowd. The embellishment is a winning combo of floral, sequins and a black/silver hue for edge.
Available at ASOS.com
So ladies we’ve given you a ton of different options for styles and places to shop for wide-width flats for the fall! I’m loving the different colors and styles. I’m curious to see what styles of boots and heels will be popular this fall!