Looking for plus size wear to work options? Studio by Torrid is the new collection delivering comfort, fashion and professional style, up through a size 30.
I went to Fashion Week.
I’m going to give you one lesson I carried with me all week: Be yourself. The best version of yourself. It will serve you well in every step you take.
There are so many different things happening. Different looks, different styles, different opportunities. By being yourself you tend to run into the best people, the best conversations. It’s not a race to meet as many people as possible. It’s more important to connect with a few people and have lasting conversations.
Other reasons you should make it New York Fashion Week (or London, Milan, etc):
- Being visible and stylish as a plus size woman lets the industry know we’re here, we’re present and we’re a force to be reckoned with.
- You gain new perspective and insight on what’s coming down the line. This also allows you to style yourself (and others as a stylist) ahead of the curve.
- Inspiration. I left NYC inspired and invigorated. Ready to write, create and do new things. It gave me the opportunity to think about the things I want to do and how can New York NOT inspire you?
- It’s about more than fashion. It’s about where all of the disciplines come together at one time. Music, art, creativity in various forms of expression.
- Additionally, all of the various looks with hair and make-up – I love seeing what’s on the stylists palette for the year.
- Don’t be afraid to talk with people. There are so many great and amazing people. From designers, to actors, writers, producers and artists. You can meet some of the most amazing people.
- Attend more than fashion shows. We headed to Lianne Farbes’s amazing panel and networking event – ‘Cocktails and Couture’. The panel discussion was fortifying. Make sure to mix your events up and get some variety in there. Dinner with friends, go and head to a museum, head to various events.