One day, I was daydreaming, and I was coming up with all of these questions that had me frustrated, irritated, concerned, amused, delighted, and perplexed. I had questions: Questions About the Fashion and Plus Size Fashion Industry regarding things that, from my experience, could totally be remedied. I had ideas. Thoughts. Solutions… In my head, I was on a roll.
But before I started offering these up, I thought it would be kind of fun to share with you what was really going on in my head. I know more than a few of you had these thoughts too. And they run the gamut in the fashion world- straight and plus size included.
So take a read and let me know your thoughts…
15 Questions About the Fashion and Plus Size Fashion Industry
- Do we really need another shopping app?
- Why are people still saying there is nothing in plus size fashion? We have more options than ever… Proof here, here, and here.
- Is free shipping still a promotion?
- Why add that random applique or detail?
- WHY do some sites that sell plus size NOT use plus size models? I am not talking like a size 12, I am talking about those who use straight size stock images, a mannequin just for plus, OR a size 4 or 6?
- Why, Why, Why, if you DO sell plus sizes do you NOT talk, promote, and feature them on your own sites? I don’t get it.
- I still don’t get all this mesh see through dresses. How you supposed to hold up the girls?
- Why don’t the US fashion magazines feature and promote plus size fashion as their international counterparts?
- Why don’t I see a range of hues in plus size models? The only site that is the most diverse is Ashley Stewart. I love me some plus size models, but can we get more diversity?
- Why don’t you offer free returns if you do not offer my size in store?
- Why haven’t you offered your sick ass designs in plus yet? YOU COULD TOTALLY do it. I am talking about DKNY (NOT the DKNYC range), BCBG, and DVF, you could totally partner with Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, or Saks Fifth to make this twerk.
- If you make up to a size 18, why can’t you continue the full range? I am so confused.
- Why haven’t we seen a plus size model kick ass in a mainstream accessory or beauty ad? Asides from Crystal Renn, I am sure that Denise, Fluvia, Ashley Graham, and a few others can hold it down. I do hear that Robyn is on the cusp of this… so who knows…
- Why are we still having to shop predominantly online? I do love it, but damn a girl wants to go out and have a little fun.
- Why can I not find a plus size full midi length leather skirt? Not Fitted. Full.
Am I alone in these questions? Which ones do you have? Which ones get you going? Let me know, let’s talk about it.
I am the Editor in Chic of The Curvy Fashionista. Often goofy. Forever emo. Always a Virgo. You can find me somewhere grooving to 90s R&B.