Today on TCF, we’re talking all about two-in-one plus size wedding gowns! It’s Plus Size Bridal Week here at The Curvy Fashionista, and we are excited to bring ALL the resources a plus size bride needs for her wedding!
Planning a plus size wedding look can be stressful — you only get to pick ONE — but with a two-in-one plus size wedding gown you can add in more fun changes. After all, a wedding is a giant celebration! And as the bride, you’re the star! Of course you should add in a few wardrobe changes into the mix! 😉
Two-In-One Plus Size Wedding Gowns
Today, our focus is on one of the hottest trends in bridal — two-in-one wedding dresses! These dresses have gotten really popular for brides who love a big reveal (you may have seen brides posting videos to TikTok showing their “reveal moment”!). In addition, brides who want to get more “wearability” out of their wedding dress opt for a two-in-one wedding gown!
By having different pieces as part of their wedding look, brides can then use these pieces in the future.
What is a two-in-one wedding gown?
Two-in-one plus size wedding gowns are wedding looks that has multiple pieces or components. A two-in-one wedding gown is often selected by brides who want to go from their opulent ceremony look to something more wearable for their reception (for example, detaching the train on their wedding gown to be able to dance the night away).
Popular two-in-one wedding gowns include:
- Jumpsuit under a wedding gown
- Wedding gown with a removable or detachable train
- Wedding gown with a completely removable skirt, with a romper, short dress or pants underneath
- Long cape (lace for spring/summer, faux fur for winter/fall)
Alright, now that you have more info on two-in-one plus size wedding gowns, let’s take a look at these wedding gown ideas!
Are you ready?! Because we are!!
Plus Size Two-In-One Wedding Gown TIPS!
When it comes to finding the perfect plus size two-in-one wedding gown, there were a few tips we wanted to be sure to share!
- Tip #1: Go CUSTOM! There are some pretty fun two-in-one wedding dresses in the list above, but chances are — you have something SPECIFIC in mind. We love that! To get the plus size wedding look of your dreams, you may need to work with a custom dressmaker. (Check out Nerecina Couture, Christian Omeshun, and Hannah Caroline Couture for options!)
- Tip #2: Reinforce Buttons & Snaps! When you’re in the moment, it’s easy to rush and accidentally rip a button or snap off. For this reason, we recommend having your seamstress (or whomever is altering your wedding dress!) reinforce the stitches around buttons and snaps.
- Tip #3: Practice Your Big Reveal! Listen, you may feel a bit silly doing this, but if you plan to make a grand entrance and transition your two-in-one wedding gown, then be SURE to practice doing so!
We hope you had a blast looking at these two-in-one wedding dresses! For more plus size bridal week articles, click here!