Show Me/ Style Me

Plus Size Style at Any Age- The #30PlusStyle Movement

Plus Size Style at Any Age- The #30PlusStyle Movement

Plus Size Style at Any Age- The #30PlusStyle MovementYou know, being a blogger you are always looking, searching, digging for the newest and latest things online. Well, over on Instagram, it is no different. A week ago or so, I was perusing my #TCFStyle hashtag to see what fab plus size fits were showing up and saw this hashtag that piqued my interest. #30PlusStyle and immediately, I thought to myself… THIS is brilliant!

Yes, there are a few pages and blogs on and about this, but NO hashtag that I have seen calling this out specifically and on top of things, you have 30Plus and Plus…  like both plus size bloggers who are 30 and better. Since I turned 30, I have openly embraced life on the other side of this marker and as I near 33; I am even more settled into my own woman-ness– there is a post coming about this as I am currently experiencing a few things.

SO, immediately I knew that I had to support, be a part of, share, exclaim excitement, and allow those who are 30+ who read the blog, a place where you can draw even more inspiration and see those who work, play, chill, and LIVE as a plus size woman over 30!

Plus Size Style at Any Age- The #30PlusStyle Movement

[new_royalslider id=”3″]

Plus size personal style bloggers Jeniese: The Jenesaisquoi, Joi: In My Joi, Nefferth: Mode Plus, Delilah: Pump and Studz, Pepper: Pretty Plus Pep, and Georgette: Grown and Curvy Woman linked up and challenged each other to make it fashionably twerk;  and they already tackled Spring’s Pantone Hues, and Tutu Skirts. Their latest challenge is spring pastels!

How amazing is this #30PlusStyle?

I really need to join this, even if my own personal challenge, because through blogging I have learned so much about my own style, comfort and boundaries and boxes that I have for myself… This self-exploration thing is kind of amazing…

How fabulous is this? I know that quite a lot of you are on the better side of 30 and are always looking for inspiration. Will you be checking this out?

plus size fashion at Chic and Curvy Boutique

1. Karlie Johnson

May 30, 2014 at 6:35 AM

I will be stepping over that threshold this year and I can’t wait! The fashion looks great on both sides!

2. Jeniese Hosey

May 30, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Thank you so much for the feature!!! My 30’s have been the best time of my life period! I can’t wait to see your #30PlusStyle!

3. PrettyPlusPepper Martin

May 30, 2014 at 7:46 AM

First, I am so honored to grace your pages. It has been a struggle to define my personal style being over 30. I’m 38 and I wouldn’t trade any of my life lesson or poorly made fashion decisions (except that time in Vegas).

Second, Thank you for the spotlight. I have admired, loved, swooned and generally stalked your blog since discovering it in 2010 and then I had to go back to 2008 to see everything.

Third and Lastly, You’re so Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! In my language of course.

Thank you Again!

4. rehenazelreyhan

May 30, 2014 at 6:52 PM

What about 40+? I’m 44 but I don’t often see hip, curvy lady blogs by writers my age.

• Melinda

May 31, 2014 at 9:11 AM

check out @fashionistaover40 on instagram

• rehenazelreyhan

May 31, 2014 at 10:47 AM

She looks great, but she’s not a plus size blogger.

5. Joi Smith

June 6, 2014 at 8:23 AM

What a honor and fantastic write-up Marie!!! Thank you!
    For me, 30 was just the beginning of my style journey 🙂 Here’s to 40+, 50+, 60+, and so on!

6. Accademia di Moda

June 6, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Love the mix-media outfit! The leather jacket and floral skirt are so chic! Every women deserves to be fabulous at every age! Thank you for the inspiration!