Inspired by Full Figure Plus, Glen wrote a post about the Plus Size Fashion Toolkit. He defines what this is and why you need by sharing:
“In your toolkit should be things that you go to all the time no matter if you are shopping at the mall or your favorite website. It will help your shopping experience go smoother and in some cases save you money.”
- Advertisement -
So I thought about it. Fashion Toolkits. MUCH different than your basics or your wardrobe must haves, your fashion toolkit helps polish and finish your look- specifically to you. Hrmm… I have never thought about a toolkit, although I DO have my go tos that help me put it all together. Before I share what is in mines, I have to share with you what he shares (Sooo smartly) should be in yours:
Inside Your Fashion Toolkit
- Updated measurements – If your measurements are more than six months old do them again
- Properly fitting bras – Six to nine are recommended
- Proper fitting panties
- Shapers – Optional if you do not wear much fitted clothing
- Slips – two will be fine
- Two Little Black Dresses
- One pair of black pumps
- String of pearls
- Earrings that go with any outfit
- Advertisement -
Now, when I think about this checklist he gives us, I must say that every toolkit will be a bit different but the essence remains the same… And then I started thinking about MY toolkit, and this is what I came up with:
- On the heels of FFFWeek, I actually do have my measurements handy!
- While I have WAYYY More than Six bras, I have about four that are my trusty styles- mostly Cacique and Curvy Couture- in balconette, strapless, and convertible styles.
- I always load up on the boy short chonies. Gotta love it… for some reason I am not in the mood for thongs…
- SPANX and Bali are my friend right now and I have a few different options and styles for those special occasions
- I have a drawer full of tights. But right now in this heat, they are a distant memory…
- I have quite a few LBD’s but I have to add my Stiletto jeans into my Toolkit.
- As a Cali Girl, my toolkit rocks out with the fancy flats. Although I do have a few go to black heels.
- I am not a necklace girl, but I have my crazy stash of rings and bracelets! Oh and my prescription sunnies!
This is my toolkit. The things that help me pull of each look. I could not be without any of these!
I would add a tailored pair of black or navy slacks, because they can be dressed up or down. I also keep at least one white tee (cotton blend) and two camis/tanks in white and black.
YES… these are all essentials! Thank you for sharing!!!!!
Gold and/or Silver hoop earrings.
Oooh gold for sure!