A special place in our hearts, Brooklyn’s own Re/Dress was a destination for plus size vintage and resale items. After Deb Malkin closed her doors and moved online, we were all happy/sad for her. When the doors closed, I was soooooo sadddddd.
HOWEVER, a few months back, Rachel Kacenjar decided to do something about it. There was no way that she could leave this mainstay and anchor of the plus community disappear. So, she did something about it.
Rachel launched an Indiegogo campaign to revive and RESTORE RE/Dress!
“While the store closed over a year ago, I’ve done multiple jobs- from art direction to direct fulfillment for the online store since June of 2011. I have a deep, personal connection to Re/Dress and plus size fashion, and I know that Re/Dress means the world to lots of other people too! For these reasons, when Deb, the previous owner, decided that she wanted to sell the company, I rubbed my last two pennies together to buy it. I just couldn’t let it die.”
And She was Successful!
With her five point plan, this is we can expect from Re/ Dress under the new leadership of Rachel:
- Build a bigger stock of favorites like teggings and our awesome vintage selection. (And re-open the website in April of 2013 so you can get your Spring fatshion on!)
- Offer a larger range of sizes–up to a 5x at least. The higher, the better.
- Offer a vast assortment of “masculine” clothing and accessories for folks who dress in flavors other than feminine.
- Expand our range of models of all shapes, ages, sizes, colors and gender identities (or non-identities) in our online catalog and advertising. We love to showcase people in all of their complex and beautiful forms.
- As soon as the website is back up and running, begin work to find a brick & mortar store we can call our own! (I am especially hyped about this one!)
And now that her campaign was over 100% funded and complete, the first steps have been locked in- The Website is now LIVE!
You can shop the store with her new arrivals and soon you will be able to consign your plus size vintage wares again!