Happy New Years! Yes. A wish list. Welcome to a new year, a new decade, and a new time in fashion for the Curvy girl! As last year marked a wave of newness, moments, and first for the plus size woman, what better to bring in the new year with a few wishes? (Magazine editors, show producers, industry mavens are you reading?) I thought about what my plus size fashion asks for 2010 would be. What they would look like, that would affect positive change.
In my ideal fashion world, I have concocted a dream wish list of things to come, some attainable, and some farfetched, but hey, this is a wish list, no? I mean two years ago, I would have never fashioned myself a blogger and online boutique owner if I dared no to dream! So….
With that, I share with you MY aspirational top 10 Asks for 2010!
- TYRA BANKS– We NEED a Plus Size Version of America’s Next Top Model! We knocked the petites, birthed a winner already- I think it is time for you to step out on a little plus sized faith and bring us our time to shine!
- Attention show producers, We NEED a reality show that CELEBRATES and HIGHLIGHTS plus size women loving themselves, living healthy, being Fashionistas, confidently dating, and fashionably dressing our plus sized frames! Not all of us are sad, depressed, or rocking tents to hide our curves!
- Glamour or LUCKY, let’s have a plus size column fashioned by a certain someone who is knowledgeable about the fashion options out there. Someone who is unapologetic about her curves, and loves to share news and advice about plus size fashion! (*hint *hint *wink *wink= ME) (Hey, this is my wish list!)
- Designers like Svoboda and Jibri to WALK in NY or LA Fashion Week! I know you can do it! I know you can rep for the Curvy Girls!!!!
- Full Figured Fashion Week to be bigger than ever! With coverage from the mainstream fashion mags and newspapers, seeing that we MEAN business!
- Okay. Bravo- since you have lost Project Runway and are looking for a fierce replacement, how about a fashion designing show catered to the size 12+ woman? Kind of like Project Runway but from an ultimate Plus Perspective? What do you think?
- I need a mainstream straight sized designer to be bold in a plus size range offering more than amazing cottons and jerseys! So (as I tap my chin) Marc by Marc Jacobs? Vera Wang? Proenza Schouler? Anyone? And not just for a special red carpet even.
- Target- your Go International section rarely frequents a size 13. How about letting the plus sized, fashion forward, Tar Jay Shoppers getting in on the designer collaborations?
- No more token Issues of the Plus Size woman. How about the substantial and consistent integration of true plus size models?
- That plus size women learn to love their body- learn your curves, love your curves, and thrive in your curves! (Even if you are a plus size woman with no curves! )
Okay, so this is my Top 10 Wishlist for 2010, who know where we will go or what the coming year has in store, but I do know that WE will have an astoundingly remarkable year already!
What are you looking to have happen over the next year? Do you have a wish list of events? Share with me, as I am dying to know!