We decided to go to our local Old Navy to check out the new and improved in-store shopping experience for ourselves, and we are taking you with us!
A Fashionable Year in Review
2009 marked a year of great fashion firsts for the plus size woman AND the plus size community. If it hasn’t been declared already, 2009 marked the turning point for the Curvy Revolution- if I may call it so. As we turn the corner to a new year in plus size fashion, we must acknowledge some of the monumental events that shaped and paved the way for us Curvy Fashionistas!
Keeping it relevant to fashion, this list is only the tip of the iceberg, as there were so many events, firsts, and WOWs for the plus community- but today, we are kicking things off with plus size fashion firsts!
9. Fast Fashion retailer, Forever 21, launches Faith 21
6. Plus Size Model Crystal Renn Drops her Memoir- Hungry
5. International Plus Size Designer Elena Miro shows in Milan Fashion Week
4. Designer Mark Fast causes a stir In London
3. Plus Size Magazines:
- The Re- Launch of SKORCH Magazine,
- Venus Diva’s new look with Daily Venus Diva,
- Plus Model Mag introduces the PSIP– Plus Size Industry Professionals,
- Belle Noir Magazine gets a new look and
- Manik Magazine splashes onto the scene
2. Marie Claire brings us the first Plus Size Columnist
1. Full Figured Fashion Week Hits New York
Now there were WAYYYYY more events, groundbreaking stories that garnered much attention, and this will be followed up an entertainment and community top ten list! So make sure you stay tuned!
Did you know about these events? What are your thoughts? I would love to hear! Please share!