We love a great leap of faith and chasing your dreams. And one of those people who has inspired us is influencer Hayet Rida with her launch of The Koi Studio!
Did you miss some of the plus size headlines this week? Check out a recap of this week’s best plus size news stories.
- Celebrity radio host, Chrissie Swan, debuted her new plus size collection with retailer Big W this week. Her goal with this collection was to break all those rules about what plus size women should and shouldn’t wear. Check out a peek of the new collection. You feeling it?
- They get it in the UK. Not everyone is the same size or shape! UK does a good job of covering “niche” markets, not just plus size but tall, petite, maternity and more. Are you listening United States? Find out why the British get it.
- Shout to Amber Riley who will receive the GirlPower Children’s Inspiration Award in May for being an inspiration to others. Good for her! We need more role models like Amber in the industry.
- Rebel Wilson is still landing roles. She just announced she will be apart of Kung Fu Panda 3. I like those movies, don’t judge me.
News You May Have Missed on The Blog:
- Designer Jenny Packham uses not one, but THREE plus size models in her bridal runway show at New York Bridal fashion week. How freaking exciting is this!!! So happy about this trend of high end designers including plus sizes. Check out the fabulous bridal gowns.
- The Curvy Fashionista herself, Marie, is featured in PeopleStyleWatch!! How exciting. Check out her fabulous looks rocking Eloquii and her interview!
- Spring is allegedly here! I say allegedly as winter is back this week on the US east coast. But, that doesn’t mean we can’t dream of busting out the Spring clothes. And when that time comes, you will need some hot tops. We’ve rounded up 14 plus size tops for Spring.
- Did you know H&M has plus sizes? Well they do. Many have been disappointed in the lack of trendy items, but Whitney tells you why you should give H&M plus sizes a chance.
- Let’s talk bras! Specifically bras for those who wear a band size 44 and up. Yes, you can get great, supportive, cute bras in your size. Find out where!
- Don’t sleep on Africa when it comes to fashion. This new collection from Nigerian designer, Designs by Rehabiah, is on point. Get the first look.