Back to Top
Did you miss some of the plus size headlines this week? Check out a recap of this week’s best plus size news stories.
- Say it ain’t so! Ashley Stewart filed for bankruptcy and will close 27 stores. It’s possible plus size retailer Avenue could buy them. Please save Ashley Stewart, we need them!
- Gabourey Sidibe will be back on TV with a new show on FOX that also stars Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson ANDDD Lee Daniels, who also directed Precious, is directing. What a cast? I shall be watching. I love how Gabby continues to break down walls for plus size women in Hollywood. WERK!
- Adele is coming to the US…in wax. Madame Tussaud’s just snagged the new Adele wax figure. You only have until April 20th to sneak a peek so get to NYC ASAP.
- Shout out to Entertainment Tonight for featuring a video showcasing the casting process for a plus size lingerie show by CURVExpo. We need to see more mainstream media embracing body diversity and plus sizes!
- This story got me choked up! A boutique owner helps a plus size teen find her prom dress after hearing her sobbing in the dressing room because her store had no dresses in her size. I know you’re probably rolling your eyes over the store not having her size in the first place, but I promise the story is heartwarming.
News You May Have Missed on The Blog:
- The Isabel Toledo collection for Lane Bryant has arrived and IT KICKS ASS. This collection is so giving me life. It officially launches March 17th. Get your sneak peek so you can stake out which pieces to buy.
- Being plus size and petite means you get double the advice regarding fashion don’ts for being plus size and for being petite. Well we are breaking all the rules and giving you 7 Petite Plus Fashion Rules to Break Now.
- Spring is almost here! That means new pieces for your wardrobe need to be had. We’ve got some hot trends for Spring that push the envelope. Check out the key pieces to dare to try this Spring.
- NEW VIDEO ALERT! Marie has got you covered with what to wear this Spring. You don’t want to miss this video of The Curvy Fashionista’s favorite plus size trends for Spring.
- Everyone has clothes and accessories they’d like to get rid of. Sometimes you just gotta make room for MORE clothes and accessories…am I right? Have you heard about SWAPDOM? You can swap those clothes you no longer need with someone who is looking to get rid of something you do need. This ain’t your average swap site. Find out how SWAPDOM is different.
- Wanna get away? I mean who doesn’t want an excuse to jet off to the Caribbean. Fashion Link V.I. Fashion Week is going down in St. Croix. Don’t miss out on the fun!
Got news? Submit a link and it just may be added to next week’s round-up!
Photo Credits: Madame Tussaud’s, Lane Bryant