Every year, TCF gathers the best Cyber Week deals across plus size fashion, beauty, and accessories to make your search much easier!
In case you missed it! Check out a recap of the this week’s best plus size news stories.
- Nicolette Mason has a kick ass response to the Jezebel $10k bounty offer for un-retouched photos of Lena Dunham. Help her raise $10k for Women’s Empowerment.
- Glee’s Amber Riley’s new plus size fashion line, Rileyland Fashions, launched and sold out! She did post a sneak peek on her Instagram page. Keep an eye on the website for when the fashions are back in stock.
- Plus size, fabulous and looking for love? Doron Ofir Casting is currently looking for plus size beauties 21+ who are single and looking to date for their new show, Dating Diaries of Curvy Girls. They pitch it as it’s “Time to show the world that big girls have more fun all the while dating and looking for love in the their city!” I hope this show gets aired on a big network and shows us in a flattering light! Think you got what it takes? Sign-up!
- It seems like everyday someone else is launching a plus-size clothing line. YAY! The more the merrier. Australian media personality, Chrissie Swan, who is plus size is launching a clothing line in sizes 18-28. Her frustration for the lack of plus size options in Australia led her to create her line with affordable retailer Big W, the Australian version of Walmart. Read more about her line. Get it girl!
Photo Credits: RileyLand Fashions Instagram, Getty
- Did you hear that IMG models adds a Plus Size Board to include Ashley Graham, Danielle Redman, Julie Henderson, and Marquita Pring! This is great and hopefully we will see the board grow and more crossover options and appeal!
- A Plus Size Disney Princess? Jewel Moore, a junior in high school from Farmville, Va., started a petition on Change.org asking Disney to create a plus-size princess in an upcoming movie.
- Gotta love Cece from The Big Girl Blog! Her retort on her blog to Jen Caron and XO Jane that has now gone viral and we love it!
- In an effort to market better to the plus size shopper, David’s Bridal, has started changing its fit mannequins used to create gowns to reflect the average body!
News You May Have Missed on The Blog:
- TCF Turns 5 Party Recap. Did you miss the The Curvy Fashionista’s 5th Anniversary party???? Peep the recap and you’ll feel like you were there. Congrats Marie!
- Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and its time for you to have that break-up talk…with your bra. Curvy Couture shows you how to assess your bra relationship needs. AND we have a GIVEAWAY with Curvy Couture!
- A woman can never have too many pairs of tights. Luckily, Sonsee Woman is all about plus size tights in a variety of styles and colors AND they have an anti-roll waistband *hand clap*
- This week’s video was all about cost per wear. You’ll find out how to calculate the best bang for your buck when buying new clothes. A can’t miss video!