Ah, the lovely color of white. A color that is crisp, sterile, pure, divine, edgy, and delicious. Heading into Spring monochromatic hues of bold yellows, blues, and reds dance throughout my mind, but the only color that I am having a hunger for right now is white.
A white dress (playful), white lace (delicious), a white pantsuit (edgy); these are just a few things I think about when getting into spring! As a plus size woman, wearing white is not a faux paux! All it takes is some panache and moxsie- paired with the right tricks! I have fashioned a few of my tips when playing with white!
I want this!
So please read on so you too, can rock white fashionably and confidently!
- Fabric. Before foundations… I often look to the fabric of the garment I am working with. Is it substantial? How think is it? What is the quality of the fabric? Personally for me, I opt for Ponte knits, heavier linens, and denim (yes I own a pair!) that are more substantial to cater to my curves!
- Fit. Next, I make sure the item is cut and fits perfectly. A great fitting pair of white pants not only looks amazing, but your confidence is at an all time high when you know you look and feel good! When wearing white in the wrong size, I tend to fidget, tug, and constantly shift- only to get my grubby hands all over it- upping the chance for me to get my whites even more dirty!
- Underwear. Before anything else, no one likes to see someone’s chonies- especially if it is unintentional. When wearing white, the blanket black underwear does not always apply anymore. With a variety of complexions and hues, finding the right underwear is easy! Taking a cue from my latest interview with Hanky Panky, I know that there are brands that make both shades and cuts to prevent the dreaded VPL (Visible Panty Line).
- Texture. For a great visual interest and on trend for spring, playing with texture with your head to toe white adds depth and interest! Lace, ruffles, cutouts, draping- any one of these options give your White Hot look some edge!
- Confidence. Wearing white is a bold choice and confidence and moxie are both ingredients to pulling off a head to toe white look!
These are a few things I look for when rocking white and this Spring into Summer I am sooo looking forward to a fly pantsuit!
What about you?
What are your tips for wearing white? Do you even go there?