Being that this id the fourth year of The Curvy Fashionista, we decided to take a walk down memory lane/ What a better way to share, than to round up our Top 10 Confidence Boosting Tips & Posts?! For those of you who are fairly new here, we thought to share some of our favorite, most popular, and most talked about posts when it comes to being a Curvy.Confident.Chic. plus size woman.
We thought this would be fun and playful way to roundup some of the best posts that helped encourage, establish, and uplift the readers !
Please take a read over and if you see a post you like, click through to read and share with me why you liked it! If it moves you, please share with other fabulous women like yourself!
Our Top 10 Confidence Boosting Tips & Posts
10. I am Not Photoshopped: We participated in this campaign with Feel More Better to help spread a message to the media about the images it gives to women and young girls. Although done in an outfit post, you really identified with this campaign!
9. No Shade, But Can I get a Plus Size Model: This post was more of a reflection when shopping and how it affects us. We asked for more visibly plus models, not the size 6/8/10 that the agencies push down our throats. You were quite live on this post!
8. Over Confidence? Big Girl Shame? Um.. No!: This post was a result of a few posts across the internet that struck a nerve. We said our piece, and you were >>here<< with us on this issue!
7. Curves in the USA- A Question: Since starting TCF, we noticed that most of the magazines that celebrated, showcased, and highlighted were international ones. It was an amazing revelation for us, and you too! SO much so that Jezebel picked up the piece!
6. Confidence, Sex and the Plus Size Woman: Thanks to our newest member of the team and YOUR voices, we decided to cross this line! Talking sex and body confidence can be a tricky thing, but you liked it and I LOVED it!
5. My Letter to the Retail Industry: A Declaration: Ahh… this post was one of our “I am woman, hear me roar” posts… declaring our place in fashion to the mainstream fashion industry. We were hoping that someone would read and listen… and YOU did!
4. Your Plus Size is Just a Number: After hitting the site with frustrations of some posts on the interwebs, we decided to talk with you about being plus size and how to shop through the noise of fashion. This one was well received by YOU as well!
3. Not Always so Confident: We all have those days, as women, where we do not FEEL our best… Lord knows we have had our fair share! So rather than give you tips, we took to the readers, and you ladies sounded off with amazing tips to get through those days! We loved it!
2. The Enabling of Self Loathers: This post… It pained us to see a brand let its readers tear apart each other. So we said something and called them out. At first we were a bit nervous, but you let me know we were right!
1. And Then I Wrote a Book: Last November, I decided to launch my eBook, culminating and introducing you to the fabulous world of plus size fashion. This was a huge step for me! Better that people are still buying it! This was such a defining moment for me!
So this rounds up some of our best posts about confidence on the blog, or at least the top 10! We would love to know which ones were your favorite and what posts brought you here!
Please feel free to share with your friends who are wanting to figure out how to be more confident! 🙂