If you are looking for plus size loungewear or plus size bras that don’t break the bank, then check out the latest from the ThirdLove x Dia & Co Collaboration!
A few weeks ago, I asked you the reader, what item of clothing you were most afraid of. For me, it was skater skirts. I felt it was a bit too young feeling for me and I was quite hesitant to make it work. Well.
Simply Be sent me this faux leather/ pleather skater skirt and I took to my own personal challenge to make it work. Paired with my Forever 21 Sweatshirt (which I love right now) I fashioned this fit to see if I could pull it off. You know, something has to be said for facing one’s own fashion fears- staring a trend in the face and kicking its ass.
Or at least, this is how I felt as I headed out to the Fashionista.com “How to Make It in Fashion” Conference. Paired with my playful Michael Antonio booties I scored for a steal on Ideeli, I was set. I figured if I was going to go all out, might as well have a little fun with it right? RIGHT.
My Skater Skirt Outfit details:
- Skirt: Simply Be AX Paris Faux Leather Skater Skirt
- Sweatshirt: Forever 21 I’m Not Sorry Sweatshirt ( I got the 3X for a casual fit)
- Booties: Michael Antonio Studded Booties ( I scored mine on Ideeli but they are no longer there! I DID find on Heels.com though)
- For my height and where my waist hits, I need about an inch shorter proportionately to my legs. The current length was a bit awkward, I think. I found myself rolling up the waist to hit my thighs in that sweet spot, while maintaining the fingertip rule.
- Bloomers, shapewear shorts, or something in addition to my chonies gives a much needed added security. Hey, these Santa Ana winds are no joke- not trying to moon the world.
- While I styled it a bit junior, a skater skirt paired with a blazer is a GREAT option that I must try stat.
So, there you have it! Me tackling my fear of the skater skirt. Will I wear it again? YES. Same way? Probably not. But I will find other ways to make it work!
What do you think? Did I face my fears with style? Have you faced a fashion fear? Leave a comment and share your pic in the comments below!