As a new season makes its presence known, that means the excuse to shop for new fashion and beauty products is very necessary. Fall is here and now that you have your autumn wardrobe together, it’s time to focus on your seasonal beauty essentials—specifically your lipstick.
The fall season is full of primary colors that find their way into makeup as well. Whether you’re in the mood for a bright orange, fiery red or intense gold lip, there are also the dark and dramatic options, such as rich burgundy, chocolate and blue shades.
Lipstick makes a statement and you can convey exactly how you’re feeling by puckering up and applying your favorite shade. Are you in the mood for matte, liquid or glossy lips this season? Do high-end brands do the trick for you or are you a drugstore kinda girl? I’ve rounded up a list of lipsticks that are appropriate for a multitude of occasions this fall, so sit back and enjoy!
Pucker Up: Lipstick Shades Perfect for Fall
1. If you want a striking, vampy look that totally embodies the look of fall, then you should try this deep plum lipstick from Maybelline. A perfect alternative to more intense shades like black and chocolate, this liquid lipstick has a velvety matte finish that is designed with 2X the pigments for intense color.
Get the Color Sensational® Vivid Matte Liquid™ Lip Color in Possessed Plum available at Target.com
2. When you want to amp up your favorite nude shade in the most dramatic way, donâ€™t hesitate to reach for an intense brown lipstick. For fall, itâ€™s all about chocolate browns, which flatter practically every complexionâ€¦especially those with melanin. This gorgeous color also features a lightweight texture that applies like ink on your lips, and dries down instantly to lock in color for smudge-resistant, carefree wear.
Get the Powermatte Lip Pigment in Done It Again available at Sephora.com
3. Throw a curveball into your fall lipstick color palette by giving this unexpected yet fashion forward silver shade a try. In terms of metallics, gold is generally favored to wear as a lipstick this time of year, but this standout silver lipstick from Dior may have you switching it up. It’s available in three finishes matte, metal and satin and the formula saturates lips with comfort and coverage, for 12-hour long wear.
Get the Rouge Dior Liquid Lip Stain in Extreme Silver Metal available at Nordstrom.com
4. Red never goes out of season! This lipstick will keep your lips popping & hydrated!
Get the Color Riche Lip Color in British Red available at Target.com
5. What’s the perfect way to merge a nude, metallic and brown lipstick? Well, by simply scooping up this stunning metallic bronze lipstick from NYX, of course. Your lips will stand out from the crowd courtesy of the shimmer and shine of the formula that delivers an intense color payoff full of pigment.
Get the Liquid Suede Metallic Cream Lipstick in New Era available at Ulta.com
6. If the primary fall colors aren’t your thing or you’re looking for an alternative to the traditional red, perhaps this vibrant pink shade from Taraji P. Henson’s collaboration with MAC will do the trick. The recently launched collection is all about the sexy glamour that Henson is known for and this fuchsia color in no exception.
Get the Viva Glam x Taraji P. Henson Lipstick in Bright Fuchsia available at MAC.com
7. Everyone knows that nudes are some of the best go-to shades for daily wear, but you can get the same effect if you swap out your traditional nude for a dusty mauve shade. Combining the equal benefits of nude and soft pink, this feminine color from makeup extraordinaire Pat McGrath should be permanently in your makeup bag.
Get the MatteTrance Lipstick in Omi available at Sephora.com
8. You may be intimidated by the mere thought of it and scramble to think of just how to wear it, but if you’re brave enough to give blue lipstick a shot you definitely won’t regret it. The key to pulling it off is to let it be the focus, keeping the rest of your makeup minimal. Also for fall, a deep navy shade (like this one from Urban Decay) is preferred over a bright, electric blue often seen in summer.
Get the Vice Lipstick in Heroine available at Ulta.com
9. Mimic the colors of the beautiful fall foliage with this eye-catching bright orange lipstick from Milani. It’s infused with nourishing Vitamin A and C to keep lips soft and hydrated while providing a bold color payoff that takes center stage.
Get the Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Sweet Nectar available at Target.com
10. If there is one lipstick color that most women can’t live without, it’s nude. Regardless of the season, nude lipstick has become a staple in women’s makeup bags all over and this one is a welcomed addition. From Dose Of Colors, this nude is light brown with flattering pink undertones that dries down to a matte, liquid lipstick finish.
Get the Dose Of Colors Matte Liquid Lipstick in Truffle available at Ulta.com
These are only some of the amazing colors you can rock this fall! Of course its always up to your personal style. I’m feeling a little daring and may try that Christian Dior Extreme Silver Metal lipstick just to see. At the least I could definitely rock it for Halloween! And all of the nudes?! You can NEVER go wrong with a perfect nude!
So, tell us ladies, what are some of your favorite lipstick shades for fall? Do you prefer to be bold and dramatic or understated and feminine? Or are you all about that matte lipstick life or opt for the traditional lipstick formulas?