The best part of being in this community is hearing all of the stories (good, bad, and indifferent) about what is going on around us. Knowledge is power! The more you know about fashion, business leaders, trends, and everything in between, the more you’ll realize why pride and honor go hand-in-hand with plus size and curvy!
If you are plus size, you should know the following three things:
- You are a part of a community that ACTUALLY cares about you!
- Whether you are having a good day or a bad day, you are beautiful just the way you are! AND
- You can look good regardless of your size or weight!
With this, check out the latest industry news with store closings, full figured Disney stars, empowerment and beyond!
- The Avenue retailer store is reportedly up for sale. Say What? Reported on by RetailDive.com
- Check out these Inspirational Plus Size Bloggers who are breaking all the plus size “fashion rules”
- Ever wanted to see Disney princess stars with fuller figures? Anything is possible with MTV News on deck
- Check out “Project Plus-Size Movie Star” crowdfunding campaign to show the world beauty comes in all shapes and sizes! You can support the Indiegogo Campaign HERE!
- How is or is the fashion industry not fully embracing plus size fashion? Mic.com is sharing real talk!
- Have you heard of #PlusIsEqual? Join the movement! You can check it out in the September issue of Vogue
- Are you a writer? Could you be Marie Claire’s next Plus Size Columnist? Applications accepted until Sept. 14th
- Here are 9 Ways to be an Ally to plus size women!
So, when you are feeling down, shake that funk off! You are incredible just the way you are! You were born to be you and your curves are part of what makes you unique!
Till Next Week!