I am thrilled to be back to give you some fashion motivation, and signature style is our topic! Think of all of the style icons and celebrities who have created personas with their signature style. Today I’m going to teach you how to create your own! A signature style is not about trends or what is current. It is that go-to look that you wear all of the time because you feel great in it. Personally, I have a deep affection for anything monochromatic (as you can see), so that is always one of my go-to looks.
You may be asking yourself, “Why should I care about finding my signature style?”
Put simply, it is a form of self-expression that helps you to create your ideal style.
So how do you achieve this? Here are a few tips to help with your process:
FIVE Ways to Find Your Personal Style
- Take a close look at your wardrobe. Figure out what you like to wear the most. This is the first step to finding your signature style. Get rid of those items that you never wear and clean house. You may discover that you are wearing the same clothing quite often anyway. After you remove those items, start deciding what key pieces are missing from your wardrobe to complete the looks that you are going for.
- Seek inspiration from other sources. Sometimes you don’t know what direction to go in with your style choices. If that is the case, create a vision board to develop your personal style. Clip pictures from magazines and catalogs that represent your style goals and slowly start adding those pieces to your wardrobe. Ask yourself, “What silhouettes, shapes, and color palettes would I like for my signature look to have?”
- Experiment with color and textures. There are so many fabrics and colors to choose from when selecting clothing. Step outside of what you think your comfort zones are so that you can analyze your fashion selections. This will give you a clearer perspective on if you truly like something, or if you like it just because others do or its trendy.
- Build your wardrobe slowly. There is no rush to purchase a ton of clothing to find your signature style. Once you have a clear understanding of your style start adding pieces slowly. Creating a signature style that you truly love is a process. You have to be very intentional when you go shopping. Create a shopping wish list and don’t deviate from it.
- Know your body type. It is important to understand what styles fit your body and play up your best assets. When dressing yourself you have to keep proportions in mind. Identify clothing styles that fit your body well and that you feel most comfortable wearing. Fit and proportions should play a factor in your selections.
I am sure that you will develop a signature style that you love! Share your thoughts on developing a signature style, because we love to read your comments!