Let’s talk plaid. At first thought, I think grunge, punk, and various other rebellious tones. But, it is changing! Are you a fan of plaid? I used to wear plaid in middle every day. Because I attended a Catholic (middle) school, those plaid school-girl skirts were mandatory. I suppose my love for plaid then carried over to high school. I was often see sporting a plaid shirt and my favorite pair of jeans or a plaid scarf with my winter coat.
However, once I became an “adult” I just wasn’t feeling the whole plaid thing anymore. Not sure why, but I just wasn’t a fan. It wasn’t until a few years ago that I began to rediscover my love for plaid. While I don’t wear the print as much as I’d like to, I have been eyeing a few plaid items I’d love to incorporate in my current wardrobe. I am all for experimenting. You? Because it’s the holiday season, I think it’s a good time to experiment with this print, don’t you agree? Something about plaid makes me think of wintertime and Christmas. Mmmm – maybe it’s just me! I cannot be alone. Let’s take a look at 10 Plus Size Plaid Picks for the fall and winter.
10 Plus Size Plaid Picks for the Season
1. This Forever 21 option here is sultry, playful, sweet, and able to transform to whatever mood you are feeling!
2. This jacket is hot. Bold. Playful. Sooo much sass. This Eloquii number is sure to please!
3. Sometimes it is all about the details. If you are a head to toe lover of black, then these are right up your alley!
4. This Black and White Plaid coat is chic, edgy, and playful all at once!
5. I am digging this boxy plaid. Paired with a pencil or boyfriend jeans, perfect match.
6. You have to keep the hands covered up! In sizes medium and large, these are sure to add a bit of pop to the outfit!
7. Sleek, chic, and playful. Aren't you loving the sophisticated edge of this skirt? I can see various ways to rock this.
8. Sweet, youthful, versatile, and sassy, this a-line dress in plaid from Macys is sure to offer up a few playful option!
9. Hello Plaid coat. At Amazon too! Woot! This coat offers a casual edge to your day and evening looks!
10. This skirt is fab. Midi, plaid, and ladylike? A great combo for badassery! Pair with a leather bomber or an off the shoulder top!
My favorite way to wear plaid has to be as outerwear or as an accessory (scarf, gloves, etc.). If you decide to wear plaid this season, I’d love to see! Be sure to tag #TCFStyle on Instagram so we can check out your plaid style. By the way, I’m swooning over the plaid jacket from Eloquii and the skit form Dress Barn. Perfection, right?
So what do you think? Would you wear any of these Plus Size Plaid Picks? Did we find some fun and playful options for you?