I do not know about you, but this time of the year?? Slays me. Living in Southern California does not help with the wind, unpredictable weather, and my often easily irritated skin!
I actually have a secret! I have a serious thing for really soft, moisturized, and smooth skin. I am particular about my body washes, my lotions, and skin care… and how to find that perfect balance for me!
So, when I got a few tips from Dr. Heather Woolery-Lloyd about how to care for your skin in these cooler and sometimes downright bone chilling temps, I had to share with a quickness, because as I now sit on the 30 mark… I gots to take care of my skin! You get me!
Okay, enough from me… so now for the tips:
TIPS TO KEEP THAT HOLIDAY GLOW
- During the winter, dry skin is a problem for most women. Use a heavier moisturizer at this time of year. (I rock a moisturizer AND SPF even in the winter!)
- Apply moisturizers immediately after cleansing to lock in moisture. Look for ingredients like ceramide, which help to restore the skin’s natural barrier. (I always try to moisturize my whole body right after I shower! Never heard of ceramide, *runs to check now*)
- If your skin is not acne prone, olive oil can be used to hydrate at night. (Really? I had no idea! I wish I knew this sooner!!!)
- If your skin becomes dry, decrease retinoids to every other night. Studies show that the anti-aging effects are achieved even if used just 3 times per week. (I will check my anti-oxidant to see if it has this…. But great to know!)
- Don’t forget the lips. Dry chapped lips are common in winter and can make you look worn down. Carry a lip moisturizer or Vaseline in your purse and reapply throughout the day to combat dryness. (STORY of my LIFE! I keep a great lip chap handy!)
The hands should also not be neglected. Carry an intensive hand moisturizer in your purse and apply before putting on gloves on cold winter days. Ingredients like glycerin help to draw in moisture and improve hydration of dry chapped hands. ( I hate being ashy and actually have on ein my purse AND in my car.. you won’t catch me dry!)
Who is Dr. Heather Woolery-Lloyd?
Dr. Woolery-Lloyd is a dermatologist and the creator of Specific Beauty – a unique and targeted new skincare line designed to address the skin needs of multi-hued skin tones. Over the last decade, Heather has focused her time and energy into researching and developing effective treatments for the cosmetic concerns of multi-hued skin tones. Historically, there has been a tremendous void in dermatologic research in this area. Heather was determined to create an effective skin care line that delivered radiant, even skin at a price point accessible to all women.
One of my favorite products from this collection is the wipes! Wipes baby! You know those nights when you get home late with a face full of makeup? Don’t you dare go to sleep with your “face” on! Well, these Exfoliating Cleansing Cloths are like butter baby! LOL
Make sure you head on over to Specific Beauty’s Facebook Page for the chance to win…
Wait for it…
Wait for it….
This is like having all of your Christmas shopping reimbursed to you!
Winner chosen on the 9th! But you have to head on over to Specific Beauty on Facebook!