I am often asked about my size (I am a full size 24) and where I shop by curvy girls with a little extra fluff like myself. My answer is… Everywhere! This is no lie, I shop in standard size stores, I shop in thrift stores and I shop plus size stores. Why? Because I am not as concerned about size as I am fit and the overall look.
When it comes to fashion, I like what I like. I am not obsessed with what is trending or brand names. I have a style that is all my own and I insert that into any look that I execute (I say execute because I kill it! LOL). When I dress, my focus is on three things:
- How I feel
- What the occasion is
- and the Weather
While I am a size 24, depending on the style of the clothing and how I want it to fit, I will opt for a size 26 (or larger) at times. See, one important factor in being a curvy girl is to know your curves and cater to them; which is what I do. I am not ashamed to rock a larger size, as long as it fits and I look good.
I have a serious gut, a bottom stomach and a full rack; all of these things combined get me classed as extended plus size. Being extended plus size is not an issue with me because like I said before, I am not bothered by size.
Since I know that a lot of my extra fluffy curvy girls have issues finding clothing to accommodate their style and curves, I feel obligated to share. I want you to know that hope is not lost, there are stores that are trendy who cater to our size and body type. Check out 10 of my favorite looks from retailers that cater to extended plus size women.
Are you ready? Here we go!
10 Retailers Who Cater To Extended Plus Sizes
1. Eloquii provides fashion options up to a size 28. They recently released their latest lookbook for extended sizes which includes several pieces that I love. This is one of my favorites because I love to see curvy girls in prints and patterns. This plaid is very stylish and can be worn a couple of ways.
2. Addition Elle’s Nadia Aboulhosn collection is military inspired but fun and flirty too. Some of the pieces come in a 4x which is equivalent to a 26/28. Although I can’t pull this off, it is cute and would look great on a curvy girl with ample hips and butt.
3. ASOS Curve is always a great go to for extended plus sizes, with some of their pieces going to a size 30. As a plus size woman, finding cute coats can be a headache sometimes. I love the fact that ASOS Curve has a wide variety of trendy plus size coats in extended sizes and this is one of my favorites.
4. Lane Bryant is a staple in the plus size community. They are known for producing a little bit of everything a girl needs in her closet. Their clothing ranges up to a size 38 in some pieces. On of my favorites that I think every trendy curvy girl must have is a duster vest. Duster vest can be worn several ways and give a bit of a hippy feel which is so groovy, this duster is sized up to a 28.
5. Sealed With A Kiss Designs, is a great place to find fashion that extends up to a size 6x. My favorite piece from SWAK Designs is the Eternity Maxi Convertible Dress. This dress can be worn as many ways as your mind can muster up. I have both the long and the short and I have worn the as both dresses and skirts. It is an asset to any woman’s wardrobe.
6. Avenue is another staple in the plus size community whose size go up to a 36 in most pieces. I look to them for dresses that I can wear to work and church mostly, but I found this cute skater dress that I just love. Like I said before, I love curvy girls in prints and patterns not to mention a skater dress is great for a girl with my shape.
7. Simply Be is the ideal place to shop for fun, funky pieces that are unique carrying up to a size 32. When I make a purchase from Simply Be, I rest easy in knowing that I will stand out and not many curvy girls will be rocking my ish… LOL!
8. There is nothing like a nice fitting pair of jeans!!! Although I don’t wear them often, I love love my Mossimo Jeans for Target. The fit is perfect for a girl with a little extra gut, the sizes extend to a 28 and they are available and several cuts.
9. Ashley Stewart is always a great place to find a party dress and accessories. Ashley Stewart sizes range from 12-26 and they have a little something for every body type. I live for a peplum because it creates a great silhouette and it hides your pouch.
10. I love eShakti because you are able to customize your order to your liking and they cater to curves up to a size 36. They also have wedding dresses for you curvy girls whose man (or woman) put a ring on it.
These are just ten hot places to shop that cater to us and give me looks that I love and know I will look good in!
Where do you shop for YOUR picks over a 24? Let us know in the comments below!
One dope woman/mom/wife/entrepreneur learning to conquer the world one cute outfit at a time.