I may have mentioned this before (actually I know that I have) but I just cannot with this cold weather. You hear me, Mother Nature – you can calm it down a bit. But you know what I am here for? Fabulous coats. I know some of you fashionistas out there can relate to that. And now that I am comfortably situated in the south, finding me a few good plus size coats for the winter has swiftly moved to the top of my shopping and holiday wish list.
When you are likely to be seen wearing your coat more often than not, you better make sure you are rocking the hell out of it! IJS. I have come to see coats as being THE statement piece of your winter wardrobe. Give me the LUXE, the DRAMA, and the DECADENCE! It needs to be something that combines function (remember, I am slowly acquiescing to these low temperatures) and fashion and they do exist!
So here are my fave picks for luxe statement making plus size coats for winter. Maybe you’ll find something you just have to add to your collection.
11 Statement Making Plus Size Coats for the Winter
A Few Fit Tips:
- The proper fit is crucial when buying your winter coat. When you are shopping for your winter coat pay attention to these tips:
- Wear layers, a sweater, or knits to ensure that your jacket will be able to keep you warm AND fit comfortably.
- Cross your arms in front of you and give yourself a hug, your coat should feel comfortable across your back.
- Button or Zip up the jacket. Move around a bit. Your coat should have room around your chest, hips, and the armholes (if the slightest uncomfort or pull, take a size up). The whole purpose is to protect you from the elements! In love with the coat and it does not fit right? Ask for a size up or have them order it for you in your size- or worst case, find another one.
- Your sleeve length is another factor. Sleeves should ideally fall an inch past your wrist. This allows your coat to cover your arms while you are moving!
I wanted to give you a range- from drama to classic luxe, from $50 and higher, and from bold to demure. It is all about options and variety! You can definitely rock out with a fancy coat that provides both form and function! And while you are checking things out, check out my Coats 101 Style Guide!