Over the summer I challenged myself to wear the same dress 3 different ways. I called myself trying to figure out how to maximize my wardrobe. I ended up having so much fun coming up with different ways to re-style one dress that I continued the wardrobe maximizing for the rest of the summer! Doing this allowed me to save not only money, but time as well.
So, what are some ways to maximize your wardrobe? Glad you asked. I’ve got 7 simple ways; check them out!
Maximize Your Wardrobe with These 7 Tips
- Invest in a pair of nudes. When thinking about how to maximize your wardrobe, I strongly suggest purchasing at least one pair of nudes. Nude heels (or flats) can easily be styled with any and every color or print. Marie just rocked out in these last week!
- Purchase the basics. Wardrobe basics or essentials, like a chic trench coat, a black blazer, a white button down shirt and a classic pair of blue jeans are perfect items to help stretch your wardrobe. Key pieces like this can be rotated throughout your wardrobe over and over again, and they can also be transitioned to each season.
Re-purpose items. If you’ve invested in pant or skirt suits for work, think outside the box. Instead of constantly wearing the same 2 pieces together, break it up and wear them as separates. Wear the skirt with a different top and style the blazer with a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. Create more options and give your wardrobe more life!
- Switch up your jewelry. Changing your jewelry is one of the simplest ways to maximize your wardrobe. Take a black dress for example – imagine how many ways you can style it if you do something as simple as change the jewelry. Pearls can make the dress classic and chic, while tribal inspired jewelry gives the dress a more hip and trendy look.
- Become a “repeat offender”. Don’t be afraid to wear certain items more than once. I have a pair of black pants that I wear every Monday and Friday. I rotate tops and change out jewelry and shoes. Doing this allows me to stretch and maximize my wardrobe to the limit. I love it!
- Create a uniform for the week. This is another part of being a “repeat offender”. Creating a uniform for the work week is a very practical way to maximize your wardrobe. Create a few looks that you can wear and restyle Monday – Friday and the question, “what to wear” will be a lot easier answer when getting dressed in the morning. Think blazer, shell, and skirt or dress and jacket… then mix it all up!
- Be open minded. Acquire an open mind about your style and be excited about all the wonderful styling possibilities that are in your closet! Play around with different pairings. This blouse with this skirt, this jacket with this pair of jeans, etc. You never know what you can find!
Try these simple steps and I bet you’ll start to see your wardrobe in a whole new light. I plan to maximize my wardrobe a lot this season and I hope you’ll join me!