Okay. If you have been following me on Facebook or Twitter, then you know that I am heading on a road trip that will land me in Atlanta- THIS is a 2500 mile DRIVE. I have never had the pleasure of doing a grown up major road trip (Vegas doesn’t count for me) and since it was on one of those bucket lists I had made moons ago, I thought, right before my birthday? Why NOT?
So knowing that I was going to be on the road for a minute, I KNEW I wanted to be comfy, somewhat cute, and definitely playful! SO I reached out to Addition Elle to play in a few items and to create my fashion checklist with items that I KNEW I needed to take with me, in addition to a few tried and true staples!
2500 MILES. FOUR Days. Four LONG DAYS. If I wanted to push it, I could get there sooner, but um… yeah. Nope. I am trying to keep my sanity and at least I can stop at my father’s house along the drive! Hey Dad!
So what does this fashion checklist consist of? Well, there were a few things to consider:
Comfort | Breathability | Flexibility | Durability
My Road Trip Fashion Checklist and Essentials
Once I got those out of the way, this is what I picked out for my trip from Addition Elle’s pre-fall look book and what I added for my HAD TO HAVE list:
- A pair of Parasuco jeans
- A relaxed tee
- A baby doll dress
- My letterman jacket (some nights in the desert, it can get chilly)
- A casual midi dress (hey, who knows what could happen!)
In addition to:
- My uber comfy booty shorts
- A casual maxi dress
- A few bras and chonies
BUT the necessities, after all this is a road trip! SO let me share with you other Road Trip Essentials!
My Road Trip Essentials
- My new phone! I got this new Samsung S5, so I plan to snap away!
- Tablet- YES, I have this and will be keeping this handy! My Samsung tablet (part of my deal with the phone- woot!)
- Camera- My Pentax will capture the moments. I will have this to snap, snap, snap and shoot video along the way to make something all pretty to share!
- Charger- Not only will I have my phone chargers, but I have a backup battery charged. And two more rechargeable chargers.
- My pillow- for when it is my turn to conk out, hey!
- Music- I have cd’s (yes, I do) but also Spotify and Sirius XM in my car!
- Snacks- I am sure we will need to officially recharge, but my twizzlers, dried fruit, and fancy lay’s flavored chips. I am ready.
- OnStar- this is one thing I am really grateful for. On Star will be my peace of mind.
- My map- even though I have Onstar, my printed route, having a map is always handy to know where the hell I am going!
- My Flip flops- this Cali girl needs her flip flops. Period.
- Toiletries- the shampoo, makeup, toothpaste/brush, face wash, lotion, feminine stuff, all of that good jazz- YOU KNOW!
Make sure you check out Addition Elle’s New Fall Arrivals while you are in the mood to shop too!
Who knows, maybe I will do a meetup in Atlanta- would you come? Let me know in the comments!
Who knows, I may like it so much that I will stay!! HAHA!
What do you pack on your road trips? Have you been on one? Are you planning one? Let me know!