For almost every FFFWeek I can remember, Just My Size has been an excitedly participating partner and sponsor of the week’s events! This year, they were a sponsor of my Social Media Panel, and this year they came back with their Blogger Breakfast, celebrating 30 years!
The Just My Size Blogger Breakfast was fun and exciting as well as informational- the geek in me will share why soon… In the spirit of birthdays, Just My Size threw such a festive blogger event! Boas, masks, props, and of course, cupcakes! Photos were taken, hugs were exchanged, and laughs were heard throughout the morning event!
For me, this event was a reunion, a welcomed celebration, revelation of what and who today’s plus size woman is… not real news, but empirical proof nonetheless that we can stick to the naysayers of plus size fashion… what is sorely needed. On top of everything else, I love that the results show an increase or proof of the rise in our confidence…
Here I am with Gwen “Auntie” DeVoe the creator of FFFWeek. I really love this picture! I was surprised at myself with how early I was operating that I snapped a few pics from my phone! HAHAH! I was that turned around on top of Mercury Retrograde!
FFFWeek 2014 Recap: Just My Size Blogger Breakfast
Now on to the cool and geeky deets!
In addition to the pictures and great food, Just My Size shared a few fab findings from their “Passion for Plus” survey! With over 6,200 plus size women participating (that is impressive), 64% said they were confident or very confident in themselves! HEY NOW!
Here are a few of the Just My Size survey highlights:
- 2/3 of plus-size women say they are confident in themselves
- 72% of respondents said they are more confident in themselves today than 5 years ago
- Almost one third of respondents said they would not change anything about themselves
- 44% of respondents said they wear their favorite color 2-5 days a week
- 32% of respondents said wearing hosiery adds a finishing touch to their outfit
- 39% of survey respondents stash items in their bras
- 31% of survey respondents women said they don’t have a favorite pair yet
Can you relate to a few of these findings? If you were following me on Instagram or Facebook, you probably already saw some of the convo that started here! If you missed this, well, leave your thoughts below!
Thank you Just My Size for all you have done over the years and here’s to 30+ more years!