Plus Size News Round-Up 5.10.14
Did you miss some of the plus size headlines this week? Check out a recap of this week’s best plus size news stories.
- Ashley Graham is killing the hell out of the cover of Elle Quebec. I am overjoyed with all the love the fashion industry is finally starting to give plus size models. Not only is Ashley on the cover but she is WEARING A BIKINI! How HUGE is that????
- Remember KangaROOS sneakers? They are teaming up with plus size brand Carmakoma for them to create a line of 10 shoes. Carmakoma’s clothing line is edgy so I’m very interested to see what they do with the shoe designs.
- Do you have what it takes to be the next model for Sorella swimwear? The model search is on now! Get deets at Plus Model Mag.
- The Today Show website did a little feature on places to get cute and cheap plus size clothes. Nothing out of the norm, but a solid go-to list of places to shop.
- Cece from Plus Size Princess breaks down why her (skinny) boyfriend is NOT settling by being with her (plus size). I can’t with people and their ignorance!
News You May Have Missed on The Blog:
- #EVERYBODYISFLAWLESS yesssssssssss! This Beyonce Flawless video remake by plus size bloggers Gabi Fresh, Tess Munster and Nadia Aboulhosn is really giving me life! THEY BETTER WORK! EVERYBODY IS FLAWLESS.
- Plus model and founder of Custom Plus, Grisel Paula, has just dropped her new venture, a plus size clothing line called Grisel. Its fabulous AND affordable. What’s not to love?
- It’s about that time for wedding season! You may not be getting married yourself but you may be attending a few weddings this summer. Peep 5 plus size wedding guest dresses you can rock.
- The woman we have to thank for what we all know as New York Fashion Week, Fern Mallis, was gracious enough to interview with The Curvy Fashionista. Get up close and personal with Fern Mallis.
- Fat shaming is unfortunately a big problem. Its not ok in school, but I almost expect it, but when grown people are doing it to other grown people out in the streets…I CAN NOT. Blogger Kath Read tells her story of her ridicule and her triumph over it.
- Are you size 10 to 16 and find it hard to find the right fit? This complaint is heard often about those curvy gals that fall in between regular and plus. We’ve got you covered with 5 retailers to shop for sizes 10-16.
Photo Credits: Custom-Plus, Elle Quebec
Previous Post#TCFStyle Q and A- How to Dress Myself Next PostMy Style: Generations and Mother’s Day in ModCloth