Connect

Ask the Reader: Plus Size Palazzo Pants- Are You a Fan?

Plus Size Palazzo Pants on The Curvy Fashionista

This spring into summer, I am here for staying cool and chic and laid back. Loving the look of joggers, but sometimes, life needs you to be a bit more dresses up. SO with the latest in the spring trends being wide leg pants, I am curious about the plus size palazzo pants trending right now and the varied options trickling into the retailers!

Wide Leg Pant Trend Collage from moda obsesionada

Img source

All over the runways, as shown above, they are creeping into the plus size arena. I can see these worn a few ways, some with fitted or relaxed crop tops, others with a bustier or bodysuit! Perfect for the summer, and to save the thighs, these palazzo pants can easily go from day into night with a switch of tops and heels! I can get with this. Yes.

So I have rounded up a few to show and share before you give your answer to my Ask the Reader Question! Take a peek and then let me know!

A Few Plus Size Palazzo Pants or Wide Leg Pants

Interestingly enough, I could see myself all in these type of pants. Especially with my love for maxi dresses and maxi skirts, I see this as a fun and fashionable option. I also love that there are plus size designers and retailers who are hooking this up for us! YES?!

Related:   Trending NOW: 15 Plus Size Jumpsuits and Rompers

What do you think of these shared and this trend? Is this something that you could get behind and see yourself rocking?

Where would you wear these to? How would you make this work? Do you already have a few? Let me know in the comment section below!

1. debrich6

May 15, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Absoutely wear then! Love them!

2. Amanda

May 15, 2014 at 7:40 AM

I want to love them, BUT I feel like they are not flattering at all. I will not be sporting them. I’ve had a few pairs in my cart and have taken them out at the last minute. I do like the jumpsuit look, though!

May 15, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Heheheh GO FO IT! you never know, just make sure there is a fab return policy!

3. mrsrony

May 15, 2014 at 7:55 AM

I wore them back in the day. I still love the look of them but summer chub rub is bad enough without having to dig your pant legs out every 5th step. I will look on with envy.

May 15, 2014 at 11:01 AM

LOLOL I hear you and understand… I am going to give them a whirl 🙂

4. Diane

May 15, 2014 at 9:08 AM

I bought a pair last summer. I wear scrubs for work and outside of work I have a pretty casual life, so I just wore them with a pretty t-shirt and sandals as an alternative to shorts, skirts, or capris. I looked good, felt good, and will probably buy another pair.

May 15, 2014 at 11:00 AM

I think I will invest in a pair for this summer season!!! 🙂 I think I need to!

5. Serenity

May 15, 2014 at 1:22 PM

I have a pattern for some. But I’m scared….. I’m short and not really sure how I’d look in wide legged pants. Especially since I don’t wear pants….

May 15, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I think if you have a maxi skirt you love, then you can copy the flare level of those… I thin it all depends on scale! 🙂

6. PayLess4Brands

May 15, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Definitely a fan of palazzo pants! Especially in the summer hit- they are a saver! Good combination: palazzo pants with a tight fit top ! http://www.payless4brands.com/pants.html

7. karenmsmith77

May 15, 2014 at 3:25 PM

I love them so much. I especially like the stretchy ones. Out of the ones you have posted I love the Ralph Lauren ones, and the Alfani ones. I feel like my style is somewhat similar to yours. I also love anything maxi and think of these similarly. I already have like four pairs in my closet that I bought back in the winter. I loved them when I was teen and they were in style, so as soon as I saw they were coming back now I hopped on it.

May 15, 2014 at 8:02 PM

I am about to hop on this one too! I am really excited as I found others too! I cannot wait!

• karenmsmith77

May 15, 2014 at 8:10 PM

If you don’t already shop Zulily, you should give it a try. I bought all of mine on there. They have been having a large selection. I got the ones in the picture on there, and I am so in love with them.

8. Beya My

May 15, 2014 at 3:42 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE palazzo pants! I own a few pairs and I was thrilled to see that skinny jeans are finally loosing a bit of their luster. I have never been a huge fan of skinnies, and over the few years, wide leg jeans and pants have been increasingly difficult to find. So I am THRILLED that they are on the comeback! I carry most of my weight in my upper body, so I have thin legs and palazzo pants offer a nice balance (other than a skirt). Everyone can wear them! I’ve gotten so many complements and I often wear them to work. I’ve dressed them up with a nice top, blazer, heels/wedges and i’ve done them casually with flats, sandals and a v neck tee. Try them out!!!! They are cool, breezy… I have nothing but high praises for them!

May 15, 2014 at 8:01 PM

I am on the hunt for a pair of fabulous ones! I WILL Find them!

9. Bianca McCarthy

May 15, 2014 at 5:37 PM

I used to wear them the last go round of them being in fashion and I look back at the pics and realize they just weren’t a very good look on me unless they were tailored more. I thought I was cool and breezy but ended up looking kind of shlumpy. I think the Paisley Ralph Lauren pair might work on me or even the American Rag with that longer yolk might be flattering as well. I just love us all having options to find the right fit for ourselves and not be stuck with all or nothing choices. I surprised the heck out of myself today by buying crop cargo pants for my upcoming trip and they’re cute!

May 15, 2014 at 8:01 PM

WOOT!!!! I need a pic of these new pants! Tag #Tcfstyle on instagram if you have that or share here!!!

10. Mango

May 15, 2014 at 10:54 PM

I found this page as I was looking for ideas on how to style palazzo pants for my build. (Book marking your blog btw 🙂 ) I bought a smarter looking, high waisted pair for summer office wear. I think I’ll be trying to wear them with heels and a fitted top, possibly with a wide belt. I worry that with a looser top I’ll just lose all definition and look like I’m wearing a sack. They are very comfy though.

11. Aja

May 16, 2014 at 12:33 PM

I loooove palazzo pants…I bought a pair last year some time from Lane Bryant that were sooo cute and comfy that when I went on my trip to the Dominican last August, I bought two more pair. As a matter of fact, I’m wearing a pair right now!!! Lol. I love wearing mine with a crop top or a tank and sweater for work

12. Shondra Giles

May 16, 2014 at 4:04 PM

I love. I first started wearing them for praise dancing but I have some now that are for wearing out.

13. Juanita

May 18, 2014 at 5:58 AM

I love them! Since I sew for myself I plan on making a few pairs, or more, for the summer season. I love them for the summer!!!

14. Heidi

April 2, 2015 at 10:00 AM

I love palazzos, I wore them when I was young and I’m very glad they have come back into style. They are comfortable and a little dressy at the same time. I feel like they are very flattering on all shapes. I am 6 ft and 400 lbs and they do not add any excess bulk. I have 4 pairs that fit really well and I am always on the look out for more. The Ralph Lauren ones are really super cute.