As we have been talking about the growth of plus size fashion, the new plus size segments in plus size fashion and the rise of contemporary fashion, interestingly enough, we also have more fast fashion and sample sale options to play in as well! I know a few of you (more than a few) have balked at the prices of various items and today I wanted to whet your fashion appetite with plus size designers and retailers who cater to your desires! Even more on time with the closing of Dots, brands liquidating and restructuring their doors!
13 Plus Size Retailers to Shop at On a Dime
- ASOS- one of our go tos in plus size fashion, you are sure to get must haves as well as fashion staples for your closet!
- Ashely Stewart- Known for its varying style and playful frocks, Ashley Stewart is easy on the pocket and a great contender for your closet
- Boohoo- new to the Plus size fashion arena, UK Retailer is making waves in the plus size market, and you will be hearing more from them. Promise.
- Forever 21- Tried and true retailer who has vastly improved their offerings and fit since launch, Forever 21 is a site I am constantly checking for, for the latest trend looks.
- Torrid- Going through an interesting transition, Torrid is the home of my favorite jeans, really cute swim options, and shoes in wide widths- among quite a few other cool things!
- Target- Online, there are fab options and depending on your size, you can score some good finds in store, but they are on this list for the highly anticipated relaunch of their plus size line.
- Walmart- When was the last time you checked out their online offerings? Don’t sleep on them, their online is wayyyy different than what you will find in store! Definitely worth a look!
- Nordstrom Rack- I stay visiting them. Depending on your location, there are gems to be scored! You can cop shoes, plus size clothing, and accessories AND beauty deals! You can also NOW shop Nordstrom Rack online.
- Saks Off Fifth- New to the online offerings, you can shop their outlet store online, including plus size options too! SO if you stalk your fave and wait and get lucky, who knows, it could end up here!
- Hautelook- Another site I am on weekly. I think that I have a little bit of a problem here. LOL. From jewelry, to plus size clothing, to shoes? Definitely a place to score some crazy deals.
- Alloy- I haven’t had the pleasure of shopping them, but there are a few cute finds in their junior plus size options. Skewed much younger, definitely somewhere to check out!
- Wet Seal- Recently stepping into the junior plus size arena, Wet Seal has started to branch out online and in store with their plus size offerings. Definitely worth a glance should you ever get the chance!
- Fashion to Figure- Another place to shop trends, this fast fashion retailer offers plus size fashion that is friendly to your pocket.
This by no means is an exhaustive list, but one you can definitely reference on your shopping adventures! There are other Sample Sale Sites and plus size retailers and designers to shop from, I just wanted to call out a few for your reference.
Tips for shopping on a dime:
Never buy “JUST” because it is on sale. Ask yourself, did you love it full price? Have you had your eye on it? If so, then snatch it up! Otherwise you will end up with a closet full of items you will never wear!
If you have the chance to go in store, try it on. Not just the size you think you are, but one up and one down. You never know how it will actually hang on your curves compared to the hanger.
In store, if there is something damaged, that can easily be repaired, do not hesitate to ask for 10-15% off. Usually that is the most an associate can do, but it never hurts to ask!
Think alterations. If you love it and it needs a few tweaks, never dismiss the length, the sleeves, or the fit in the waist. Take it to your loving and talented tailor and have It reworked just for you!
Lastly, when you are shopping, make sure you know what is already in your closet. SO if that means you need to take inventory (perfect time at the start of the new season), then do it to prevent five black shift dresses from sitting there, staring you in the face!
What do we think… have you heard of all of them? Do you have a few favorites that I didn’t mention? Don’t forget sharing is caring! Share this with your homegirls who stay looking for places to shop!
GET PLUS SIZE FASHION NEWS IN YOUR INBOX! ;)
Sign Up For My Weekly Newsletter To Get The Latest Plus Size Fashion News And Exclusive Offers! Once A Week, On Sundays!