Marie Denee's Style

My Style: Playful in my Ashley Nell Tipton Dress

My Style: Playful in my Ashley Nell Tipton Dress

You know, I am excited. I finally own a piece from Ashley Nell Tipton thanks to her gift she gave me for my blog anniversary party. Wrapped up in a cute little package, she hooked me up with a dress from her newest collection, and immediately, I wanted to go dancing.

Have you ever felt this way? Putting on a dress and immediately being placed into a great mood that is just beyooonnddd? Yes. Well, this is how I felt in this dress from the San Diego designer!

SO I paired my dress with my Just Fab heels and went for it, I started doing the cha-cha, twirling, and eventually, laughing at myself. Paired with my black spiked bracelet and a few more baubles to give it my desired edge!

Playful in my Ashley Nell Tipton Dress

My Style: Playful in my Ashley Nell Tipton Dress on the Curvy Fashionista

My Style: Playful in my Ashley Nell Tipton Dress on the Curvy Fashionista

Thanks to the homie, Will from Will Utley Photography, for capturing my look, we made it work… or twerk? Hahahah! I love that my hair is showing its color more here too! Some of you have asked and it is a mix of Dernier Cri hair and Honey Crush hair! Adding color from Manik Panic, layered with voodoo blue and midnight blue, over the weeks, the color is showing through more and more!

My Style: Playful in my Ashley Nell Tipton Dress on the Curvy Fashionista

My Style: Playful in my Ashley Nell Tipton Dress on the Curvy Fashionista

How would you rock it? Is this something that you could see yourself rocking out in? I think I will shorten it just a tad, like two inches… maybe. LOL as you know, I do love my legs…

How would you rock this dress? Let me know in the comments below!

plus size fashion at Chic and Curvy Boutique

1. thechrislam

February 17, 2014 at 8:18 AM

This is a rad dress. It looks like it’s got enough stretch to act as a preggo dress, and I am all for it!! I love the leather chest, nipped waist and swingy skirt. (I think you’re right – trim it a couple inches to show off your legs!) LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair color!!

2. Guest

February 17, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Is this dress made well? My goal now is to only invest in clothing that I can hang on to..because the way my bank account is set up…And your hair? Blue is obviously the new black. I love it!

February 17, 2014 at 12:26 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHA… Kevin is hilar!! The dress is well made!!!

3. Jeannine Kalua

February 17, 2014 at 11:35 AM

I would add a bold color belt with a chunky stone necklace in coral or turquoise, too much black for me! A big flower in that amazing hair would get attention as well. The dress is a good base to start with,

February 17, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Thank you! I cannot do necklaces… I wish 🙁

4. Joyel Nicole

February 17, 2014 at 5:00 PM

You look Fabulous, You are rocking this dress. I was thinking I might be able to pull it off!!

5. Allyson @ iwearcatshirts

February 17, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Ooh I love the mixed fabrics on this dress. I’d probably add a pop of color but I LOVE the look of this. And your hair looks fantastic that shade! I like it because you can tell it’s blue, but it’s not over-the-top. Just a nice, subtle, perfect blue. I’ve never gone blue. Eggplant purple, yes. Black cherry soda brown/red too. But no blue…yet. haha.

February 20, 2014 at 7:54 AM

what is stopping you? I would have NEVER thought to do this… it is amazing what a little inspiration can do!

6. Iam MizLiz

February 17, 2014 at 5:36 PM

LOVE it! May I ask how the fit is and the size you’re wearing?

February 20, 2014 at 7:54 AM

I am a size 2x and she goes up to a 6x in this range… I am also a size 16 ish! 🙂

7. Kurvy Katie

February 17, 2014 at 9:54 PM

The dress, the hair, the shoes, and you….. what a combo.. You slayed that

February 20, 2014 at 7:54 AM

WHEEEEEEEEEEE! Thank you ma’am!!! Thank you for leaving some love too!!!

8. Eat.Style.Play

February 18, 2014 at 10:14 AM

LISTEN this hair honey…..GIRL! I live for the day when I’m working for myself and I can wear this! I can’t at this job but my goodness, it’s making me want to make a wig or something for the weekends. Looks really pretty on you.

February 20, 2014 at 7:55 AM

You better go for it!!! Aint nothing to it but to do it.

9. nicthommi

February 20, 2014 at 7:27 AM

I’m shorter and a larger size but you are making me wonder about that dress. Finding leather that fits across the chest is also a concern. You are working it in every frame.
    And I have a good friend who has had purple/indigo highlights in her jet black hair for years while working as technical leads/management for years and has had no problem getting new jobs in different companies.
    I’m always curious if people are afraid of the big hair or the color, b/c I have my own hair color but regularly get asked if I wear my hair “that way” to work….

February 20, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Hehehehe… thank you sooo much for the love. Purple? This sounds amazing too! Hrmmm me thinks a bit more about this…

10. tinke

September 18, 2015 at 4:59 AM

I agree about the length, max: 2″ would be good. Totally dig your shoes, wish I could rock heels like that! My go-to party/dancewear is a black platform Mary Jane and could see pairing them up with that FAB dress.