Plus Size News Roundup 2.15.14
Did you miss some of the plus size headlines this week? Check out a recap of this week’s best plus size news stories.
- Swimsuitsforall.com has teamed up with major designers for a swimsuit collection. Michael Kors, Jessica Simpson, Badgley Mischka, Kenneth Cole Reaction, La Blanca and exclusively Carmen Marc Valvo have created swimwear for the retailer. This is the first time ever that Carmen Marc Valvo has done swimwear in plus sizes! This is so great for the plus size fashion industry. Read more and see the full collection.
- Drop Dead Diva, Lifetime’s show starring plus size actress Brooke Elliott has been canceled. Even if you didn’t watch the show, its sad that there will be one less non-stereotypical plus size woman featured on television. Read about why this is so important to the plus size community.
- Melissa McCarthy is hitting the big screen again in the movie Tammy, a woman who is down on her luck and Daily Venus Diva shares the trailer…
- Chrystal Bougon, owner of plus-size lingerie shop Curvy Girl in San Jose, California, has launched a campaign for plus size women to write love letters to their bullies. It is meant to empower these women. Their has been an overwhelming response to this with women writing letters in droves. Read some of these inspiring letters on the Curvy Girl Facebook page.
- Zac Posen has teamed up with David’s Bridal for a bridal collection that goes up to size 26! The gowns are absolutely beautiful and come in a range of prices, all of which are affordable. If you’re going to be a plus size bride or bridesmaid soon you don’t want to miss this collection.
- Remember that video, Fat Girl Dancing, that I shared on Facebook? Well, Daily Venus Diva shares the story behind the video with Whitney Thore!
News You May Have Missed on The Blog:
- Evans launched a new collection called The Cut this week and it is bright and fabulous. The collection features two students’ designs from Bournemouth and Kingston Universities. It really has breathed new life into Evans! Get a first look.
- Swimwear brand, Becca Etc, launched their new 2014 swim collection. Love the variety of silhouettes, eye-popping colors and various fabric textures. Whether you need a one-piece, two-piece or a fly cover-up they have it for you. Check out a first look at the collection.
- Several brands debuted lookbooks for their Spring collections and ASOS was one of them. Being as though I’m obsessed with ASOS I was Hype’s McGee about it. Loving all of the bright colors and playful patterns. It puts me in a Spring state of mind even with all this snow here on the east coast. Want to be dreaming of Spring arriving? Check out the ASOS first look.
- Valentine’s Day weekend is upon us. But, whether you will be boo’d up or single, you need to practice self-love and making yourself happy. Check out Marie’s latest video about self-love and confidence.