“Women should be measured by the lives we lead, not by the size we wear!” Artist of More to Love by Elizabeth Patch
As we come upon Valentine’s Day, while we talk sexy plus size lingerie and date night ideas, it is important to talk about self-love, loving yourself, and all of that jazz… As we are back for the plus size art feature, I knew that we had to feature the More to Love by Elizabeth Patch series. I have been aware of her for a while and now that we feature plus size art, I had to give her some LOVE!
Elizabeth Patch is an artist who cares deeply about negative body image, eating disorders and self-esteem.
Elizabeth’s story is simple and touching:
A former high school art teacher who struggled with her own eating disorders, she watched in vain as a favorite student died from anorexia. Her illustrations and writing take a lighthearted approach to some very serious issues.
Please take a look at a few of my favorite pieces from the More to Love by Elizabeth Patch:
Each piece of art she has makes me smile. Paired with inspirational quotes and messages to live by, there was no way that I could let Elizabeth’s work go unnoticed. And with the holiday approaching, now seems like the best time to shine a light!
What Elizabeth Patch Believes:
- Size or shape have nothing to do with one’s intrinsic worth.
- Bodies come in infinite forms and naturally change throughout our lives.
- Shame and blame, mockery and discrimination do not encourage healthy eating habits, promote physical activity or improve anyone’s quality of life!
- Love, honor and respect of one’s own body is an essential part of a healthy, happy life.
- We can ALL choose to live our best possible life, no matter what size we wear!
Did you know that you can also commission her to create art for you? YEP! Get the details here (click the blue words) and find out how you can make it twerk!
You can learn more by visiting the Elizabeth Patch site and reading her motivational and inspiring blog post that ask those NEEDED questions and topics.