Connect

PLUS SIZE NEWS UPDATE: The Mango Plus Size Collection- Violeta

More news broke today around the Mango plus size collection, you know the latest plus size news about Mango that we shared with you a few months back?

And it is a fabulous mixed bag of information!

The Mango Plus Size Collection Violeta

According to Fashionista.com, Mango’s extension of sizes will carry sizes 40 to 52 (U.S. 10 to 22?) set to debut in mid-January alongside the store’s main-line spring collection! If you head over to their website, you can enter in your email address to get the latest news (I just did this too). The collection will go on sale at online stores on January 15th and will be available at selected stores from January 17th .

From the looks of the imagery, there seems to be sophistication, class, and a great place to add to our shopping haunts… BUT, I did say mixed bag right?

With over 400 items planned in its range, this is an ambitious and exciting venture, but get this…

The Mango Plus Size Collection Violeta

Mango will introduce the plus-size line, Violeta into its seven largest markets! BUT THAT does NOT include the US. Fashionista.com shares that even online, Violeta will only be available in Europe, Turkey and Russia (I am hitting up my international boos stat). GAH!!! Bestill my heart! BUT. I am not mad at this… I actually like and applaud the way that Mango is doing this… I mean, if you think about it, Mango is NOT a US brand, so it makes sense that they follow their traffic and demand, and mirror its expansion as their initial roll out. So far, it makes sense.

Related:   First Look: Target’s New Plus Size Line- AVA & VIV: The Look Book

The Mango Plus Size Collection Violeta

According to the release shared, Mango plans to have the plus size range Violeta featured in 100 stores by the end of 2014, as well as standalone Violeta stores!!! WHAT? You hear that? Another STORE to shop from?

So, for my international lovers, how exciting is this? I already plan on making strategic arrangements with some of my girls over in the UK to ensure my hands get on a few pieces!

What do you think about Violeta? The Name? The Range? The collection shared so far?

1. Kar Bar

December 10, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I’m disappointed that there is no US store BUT I will purchase from them no doubt. Thanks for the heads up lady!

December 10, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I know right? But, baby steps… baby steps and this is really exciting! 🙂

• Thechaa

December 10, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Will the range be available in South African stores?

2. divadellecurve

December 10, 2013 at 8:42 AM

they actually say it’s up to uk 24 (us 22)… we’ll see.

December 10, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I updated madame 🙂 Thank you! But yes, we shall see!

3. thirties girl

December 10, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I’m happy they’re introducing a plus size line, but what’s with the no US availability?!? The US has some of the worst dressed fat women, largely due to hardly any retail and online options to choose from. We need more choices! Mango, your US market is waiting for you!

4. Elisa

December 10, 2013 at 6:38 PM

hmmm… I’m excited, but it doesn’t look especially “youtful”. Those cardigans look like the same dowdy stuff you find in most plus-size lines. We need edgier, more fun stuff, that still works for everyday, like ASOS Curve! I hope Mango follows their example.

5. Véronique

December 10, 2013 at 10:09 PM

that they don’t sell to the US from the start is very understandable, believe me, there are many brands I can’t get over here in Europe 😉 if it works, they will expand – the thing I’m curious about is how their fit will be … Mango is a spanish retailer, their sizes are small, and their fit not so good. they claim they will provide for the curvy woman, I hope they can 😉 and I also hope they will not be downstyling this collection in order to keep the prices down … I hope it will be true mango style … so you could say I’m hopeful but with some reservations 😉

6. Pingback: Mango tallas desde la 40 a la 52| Violeta by Mango

7. Lemonsqueezy

January 16, 2014 at 2:00 AM

Thanks for the heads up x…..but to me looks a bit Granny-fied to me.