Ask the Reader: What item are you most afraid of wearing?

It has been a minute since I have done an ask the reader post. I love hearing from you guys- you are quite the sharp and resourceful bunch.

So today, I had been thinking, doing a bit of self inventory and realized, I am terrified of skater skirts. If you have been following me on Facebook, I touched on this before. I love the look of them, but for some unknown reason, I get extreme pause to actually step into one. I have bought two, to try to push myself out of my fear, to no avail.

Plus size skater Skirts

Maybe this comes from my years as a cheerleader and they are wayyyyy too familiar. Or maybe it is because I am a little older and they (skater skirts) read a bit younger than I am… I really do admire the style and the many ways they have been worn, BUT DAMMIT.

I CANT. I think I am scared.

I don’t want to show too much of my business. I dunno. LOL. I am stuck here.

Which had me thinking, I wanted to know if I was alone in being so apprehensive in trying something new.

What item are you most afraid of wearing?

So I ask you today, what item are you the most afraid of wearing?

Do you think we could overcome this fear together? If enough of you decide to face your own item that you dread or fear wearing, I will do it too! Maybe we could hastag it? I dunno.

Thoughts?

Comments

1. Violet says

I am with you on this Marie! I was terrified to try the Skater skirt because of the “Donk” I have! I am afraid it will show the world what the good lord gave me back there lol But I went ahead and bought one that I have been eyeing from ASOS for a long time now.I tired it on and it actually hit me right above the knee. But I find myself just taking it off and putting something else on. I am thinking of putting it on this week and going out with it on…. Fingers crossed I actually let myself do it lol

2. Missy May says

Crop tops or ‘Show your stomach’ as my people will say and mini skirts!! I don’t think I have the confidence for it. Smh!

missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

3. StillSuga says

Bodycon dresses. I have seen some in plus size that are very well cut and I’ve tried on some that look nice but ultimately I’m always like hmmmm….maybe not for me and go pick up that wrap or ruched dress. Sadness!

4. Realityblackout says

Skinny Jeans. I think my thighs are too large for them. But they look so cute on so many different people. The jeans I wear normally are super tight on my thighs, but I just can’t do the skinny jeans. I fear my legs will look like chicken drumsticks.

NOPE. Go for it… I am going to face my fear, playing with a few options over the weekend to buy! With your skinny jeans, all that matters is your fit, and the rest of the outfit too! :) You can do it! I am going ot try and face my fear- you can do it too!

5. Lizz says

I’m terrified of body con dresses! I’m on the larger side of the plus size spectrum and I just think a body dress or skirt would look terrible on my body! =/ They looks so amazing on others’ bodies though

Skater skirts for me too!! My butt hikes everything up in the back, so I’m scared that a skater skirt will have all of my business in the streets! lol

7. Sarah Lyon-Schmidt says

Lately? Pants. For real. I get terrible muffin top because I don’t have much of a waist and it’s gotten worse because I’ve put on some weight recently. Aside from working out, I’ve worn pants like once in the last year. Real life. My boss has NEVER seen me wear pants. I need to get back on the horse, and a bunch of merlot-colored pants this season have been tempting.

8. kazul says

I’m scared of hats. I love them, I buy them and then I’m afraid they just look silly on me so I don’t wear them. :(

9. MilaXX says

After browsing through the post, I don’t think I have anything I’m afraid of. Some things I simply had to find the brand/style that works for my body. Skinny jeans were difficult until I found the right cut. Other things I had to adjust for me. A skater skirt doesn’t work on me, but a skater dress does. I’m watching the finale of #WNTW and I think one of the biggest things I learned from this show is to try things on.

10. Arianna Varas says

I have two things that I just can’t seem to buy or wear: Bodycon dresses & skater skirts. I love them both on other people & see so many beautiful curvy plus size women in them!! But I feel like I have such a different body (plus size & petite). I feel like I’d look ridiculous! I wish I could just say Eff it and wear either one but I dont know. I love reading your blog & I follow you on FB & Instagram just to get inspiration, ideas, and feel the positive energy from you!! so Thank you!!

11. Felissa Mata says

About 15 years ago or so, I was riding the bus. I was wearing one of my favorite denim mini skirts. A man was sitting across from me, and was leering at me. Apparently every time I crossed my legs or sat up to scoot over for another passenger he had a perfect view of my underwear. I was so horrified that I always made sure if I wore a skirt/dress that I always wore a spanx type short underneath (I.e., granny crawls). Only now at 40 am I getting over it.

12. @EasyBrezy says

I’m a curvy woman and I have issues with wearing prints… Do you have any suggestions to any prints that would work for me?

13. Soumaya Marweni says

im 24 years old i dont know how to dress cause of my shape i realy need an advice (i m curvy and i love that but my problem is with my chest ( its too big )

• MilaXX says

1.always wear a good bra (the best you can afford) in the correct size. (get a bra fitting). 2.I find button down the the most difficult for large boobs, everything else is far game. V necks as long as they don’t dip too low, look great and faux wraps are a nice look.

14. Get Over Yourself! says

I would say that for the most part I am comfortable with my body but of course I have my days when I rather stay home then hit the street so that no one looks at me weirdly. My biggest fear is to wear bathing suits and I love the water but I just feel like people are laughing at me when take of my clothes and reveal my suit.

15. may1787 says

A basic swimsuit. I always wear board shorts with mine, even when I weighed 160 I was too self-concious about stretch marks to even venture into regular swim pants.

16. Shavon Price says

I am so afraid of crop tops!!! I purchased one for my 25th birthday…and I would love if you could help me style it!!!