You know, it is quite embarrassing and pathetic when I think and reflect on how I have never taken a REAL vacay in over SEVEN Years.
Sure, I travel for work… special occasion, and for fashion shows, but a week to myself and NO INTERNET?
Talk about missing you guys! I have NOT felt so disconnected while feeling SOOO GOOD about it. Most of the time when I am disconnected it is because of technical issues, not by choice. Anywho, as I sat on the plane to Milan for this really cool Blogger event with Marina Rinaldi, I started reflecting and I wanted to share with you a few things that I learned while vacationing…
- To take more vacations, I need to take a major vacay each year. I deserve it and it was grand. I’ve come back refreshed, invigorated, and inspired.
- My Bikinis were a hit… for me. Did you weigh in on your fave yet?
- Sunscreen is my best friend as well as BUGSPRAY- there is no such thing as too much
- You will always forget ONE or TWO important things. No matter the lists and planning, something will always be forgotten, and it’s okay…
- Always travel with your friends you know you CAN TRAVEL with. I was quite blessed to be rolling with my bestie and another cool friend!
- Disconnect is a great thing. MAN, I didn’t realize how dependent I was on my phone, internet, and TV… its sad. I need to do more of this.
- I miss my childhood. Growing up as a child in Hawaii and Okinawa, Japan, on the beach…. Man the moment my feet touched the sand, happy memories… I miss the beach.
- I have an amazing team. Rae, Tiara, Kirsten. You ladies rock and thank you for your support for making me feel confident to walk away!
- Stop and smell the beach air. Sometimes we are so focused on work work, work, that we forget the little things that take our breath away or remind us that we are living… this vacation showed me this.
- I’m worth investing in. Whether it is a week-long or weekend jaunt, vacations are an investment in me, my sanity, and my health. I need more of these!
Isn’t it sad it’s been this long?
Have you ever had the pleasure to get away? How often do you get away?? What do you do to disconnect? Do you ever learn something while you are away?