Marie Denee's Style

Marie Denee on Vacation Plus Size Bikini Style

Six days.

No internet.

No phone.

The Bahamas.

The Beach.

This has been long overdue. I have needed a vacay (a real one) for over seven years. SEVEN YEARS it has been since I took a proper vacation, escaping the day’s hustle and bustle to properly unplug and relax.

Especially for the past five years, I have been afraid, lacked the resources, and have been grinding too hard to give myself the chance to step away… and boy how wrong and silly have I been! Vacations on each year (I have a post reflecting on this shortly!) You know they say, Work Hard, Play HARDER. I need to get this into my head… I think this vacation taught me this for reals.

ANYWHO… What I rocked.

A bikini almost every day.

Thanks to some fabulous folks who read I was leaving on vacay, sent me over a few suits to play in the sun with. My best accessory that went along with my swimsuits? SUNSCREEN. MMHMMM. Sistergirl got a great tan. A GREAT ONE.

So here is what I rocked:

My Plus Size Bikinis

Bikini Number One: Hot Pink Skirted Bikini from Becca Etc

Marie Denee on Vacation Plus Size Bikini Style

I had to have a skirt. I do not like showing my crotch area (I know) BUT I wanted to rock a bikini, so this number did the trick amazingly! AND the fact that I got CLEVAGE in my bikini top? I LOVE THIS. This bathing suit crisscross ties in the back, adjusting to MY desired level of support that I love! I rocked this one TWICE.

Marie Denee on Vacation Plus Size Bikini Style

Bikini Number Two: Sorella Swim Royal Blue Bikini with Skirt

Marie Denee on Vacation Plus Size Bikini Style

Royal Blue (basically any shade of blue) is my favorite color. Again, staying and sticking to my love of the skirts and shorts in swim, I chose this skirted option that was both sophisticated and sassy (or at least I felt this way). This suit? Felt amazing. Again, this one had a traditional bra feel, with an adjustable band in the back and straps. Which for me, I loved. Swimming with the fishes was grand in this one.

Marie Denee on Vacation Plus Size Bikini Style

Bikini Number Three: Becca Etc Teal Corset Skirted Bikini

THIS ONE? My Favorite. I have been dreaming and lusting for this suit since I saw this in December in New York. I love the color, texture, and the lace up back that allowed a tailored level of support and style! Love this! And add to the fact of this being a TEAL AND Skirted option? WOOT. I really loved this suit and have to rock this again sometime this summer. I have to.

Marie Denee on Vacation Plus Size Bikini Style

These are my three suits I had the pleasure of playing in this vacation!

Which one did you like the most?

Marie Denee on Vacation Plus Size Bikini Style

[poll id=”15″]

Did you rock out in a bikini  this summer? If so, if you are on Instagram, hashtag #TCFStyle and I will regram and share! 😀

When was the last time you played in one? If you haven’t, why not? If you have, which ones did you play in? Sound off and let us know!

plus size fashion at Chic and Curvy Boutique

1. Nicole Underwood

July 22, 2013 at 5:01 AM

You look great in all of them! Pink is my fave tho 😀

2. Elizabeth Bey

July 22, 2013 at 7:48 AM

This year I bought an amazing, high waisted black/leopard print bikini from Forever 21. I love it! I wouldn’t go back anymore.

3. Ciaa

July 22, 2013 at 8:01 AM

You look great in all 3 bikinis. I love that you stayed true to yourself and wore what makes you comfortable . Gosh I am already dreaming of my next vacation.

July 22, 2013 at 8:02 AM

heheheh thank you sis! I had to! LOL Plus I mean I havent rocked a bikini in eons!!!

4. momtrends

July 22, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Definitely the turquoise one. Love it.

5. Dunja Messer-Jourdain

July 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Hi Marie, This is Dunja of Amiiee. Just enjoyed this post. I like the pink bikini because of the ruffles on the skirt, but I was wondering if the top can support a bigger bust (36/38G)? Bikini no. 3 has the best top.

July 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM

It is adjustable both the blue with texture and the pink one I rocked out in! 😀 Who knows! I think yes! BUT, there are always swimbras too!

6. Margaret McGriff

July 22, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Super cute!! Once I get rid of this post baby belly, I am all over that pink one! LOL

7. Tygen Tofel

July 22, 2013 at 2:13 PM

O my gosh the last one is my fav!! Where can I get one?

July 22, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I have the pic linked and the link for it in the title of the suit as well… 😀 Good Luck!!!!

8. knottymelody

July 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM

They all look super on you! I love the last one, especially, but it was hard to choose my favorite. I think the color of it won me over…it’s so perfect on you.

I’ve always thought bikinis are so great and sassy, but not interested in owning one. The last time I wore a bikini was when I was 12 and lost my top in the ocean. I wasn’t even slightly developed yet, but was still mortified because I thought everyone was trying to stare at my boobs! Oh, wait..I did have another in my 20s or 30s but it was super comfortable and high waisted so almost didn’t count as a bikini. I’m just such a fan of the one piece. But, I’m so glad to see more selection in larger sizes. I’ve become part of the crusade against the narrowly defining the “perfect bikini bod.”

July 22, 2013 at 3:49 PM

😀 Thank you for sharing, maybe we will see you in one???

9. Dana M

July 22, 2013 at 5:04 PM

You are an inspiration Marie! You look fabulous in all three, but my fave is the teal. I just purchased a cute tankini for our beach trip in August. That is a big step for me! It’s been almost 15 years since I’ve bought any kind of bathing suit, and that was a one piece that looked like something from the 1800’s lol! Keep rockin!

10. Jc Wooten

July 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM

The last time I had one was back in 2002 right after having my youngest. I have not been able to find any pretty ones………………. until now!

11. Nathania Johnson

July 23, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Love that pink. But gorgeous in all 🙂

12. divadellecurve

July 26, 2013 at 4:42 AM

I always love skirtinis on you, especially the short skirted ones, voted for the nlue becca etc., I loved one of their items from last year’s collection, but too hard for me in italy to buy from US often… Anyway has a few snaps this year and will try to share on Instagram 😉 p.s. well deserved holiday!

13. Cailín

August 2, 2013 at 4:17 AM

So hard to choose between the pink and the teal – I have never seen skirted bikinis before, and they absolutely rock! I think perhaps Europe hasn’t cottoned on to these yet, but I’ll try and nab one next time I am in the US.