Get the Look: Melissa McCarthy

GetTheLook-MelissaMcCarthy

Melissa McCarthy Image Source: Styleite

Melissa has been quite the conversation starter on the red carpet. Oftentimes, she hides her frame and steers towards neutral or darker hues. BUT TODAY? We have found a look we love.

Melissa McCarthy looked pulled together in this Spring look. The high waist skirt with belt gives the illusion of a hour glass figure, a flattering look on anyone. This outfit is perfect for work, a date or that weekend brunch. The platform peep toe pumps, give the outfit a little hint of sexy. It’s also a classic outfit that never goes out of style. Melissa has caught flack for some of her red carpet don’ts but this one is a DO. This is one of her best looks. Get Melissa’s look:

Are you feeling Melissa’s look?

Tiara
Tiara is a writer for fashion blog The Curvy Digest. Currently residing in North Carolina by way of Philly and NJ, she is trying to spark a curvy fashion revolution in NC. She is a lover of fashion magazines and entertainment news and is a source for useless random facts AKA the perfect trivia partner.
Tiara
Tiara

Latest posts by Tiara (see all)

Comments

1. Guest says

This is awesome! Too often I see fat celebrities either hiding in black or swimming in drapey fabric when walking the red carpet. These cuts and colors look so great on Melissa. She’s beautiful; there’s nothing to hide. But I get the struggle. It’s hard to find clothes that fit properly, in pretty colors and patterns, that make you feel good. I thought it was better to hide, but I don’t do that anymore. I wrote more about my experience here: http://plumppinup.wordpress.com/2012/11/14/no-more-apologies-my-journey-to-flabulous-fatshionista/

This is awesome! Too often I see fat celebrities either hiding in black or swimming in drapey fabric when walking the red carpet. These cuts and colors look so great on Melissa. She’s beautiful; there’s nothing to hide. I get irritated because I see Adele in the same black dress over and over. And the Glee stylist is constantly covering up the fat girls with boleros or cap sleeves when the skinny girls wear matching strapless dresses.

But I understand why so many celebs do that. It’s hard to find clothes that fit properly, in pretty colors and patterns, that make you feel good. I thought it was better to hide, but I don’t do that anymore. I wrote more about my experience here: http://plumppinup.wordpress.com/2012/11/14/no-more-apologies-my-journey-to-flabulous-fatshionista/

3. Leah Barr says

I freakin’ adore Ms. McCarthy! She looks like springtime sunshine in a field of new flowers here, oh, love it!

4. Elviswife says

What if you are plus, have a stomach that sticks out a bit, but don’t have big boobs? will this high waisted look be okay?

• Leah Barr says

I only have probably a half-answer to that, since my stomach does stick out a bit, but I also do have some pretty big boobs. It does look OK on me. I think you’d just have to give it a dry run in front of a mirror. See how it goes. I think it’d work okay!

• nicthommi says

Well, that is the body type she has, on top of being petite (which means short not skinny). She doesn’t have big boobs at all and carries a lot of weight in her stomach, and this look is stunning on her.
      So her picture should be the answer to your question b/c this is one of the best outfits I’ve seen on her.

• nicthommi says

Oh, and as a longer torsoed, average height (5’6) plus lady with a very large chest, I can tell you that as much as I love this look, it is the WORST on me, although I think it’s b/c I have what some circles call a figure 8 so even though the skirt covers the love handles and my midsection at that point is very narrow, the result is hideous. I actually do not think peplums or flared skirts look good over love handles. You either need to be an hourglass or perhaps been uniform in your circumference in that area like she is for it to really work.

I think she, Melissa, falls into this category…. like @google-cf7762d16bb3c6d52cc7bce8ffa7dbc5:disqus and @nicthommi:disqus shared this look sums up your call out ,I hope!!! But yes, this works :)

Is the skirt she’s wearing actually from etsy? The one Melissa McCarthy is wearing looks a little different and has green and blue in it. Would it be possible to find out the brand she’s wearing? Thank you!

6. nicthommi says

I think that is one of the best outfits I’ve seen on her. I feel as if she has a hard body type to dress…very short torso, petite plus lady who carries a lot of her weight in the middle.
    She’s lovely, but I don’t think many people in Hollywood can dress her well, so it is nice to see her in an outfit that let’s her beauty shine.
    I personally think she is the better looking of the two McCarthys in Hollywood. I know her cousin fits the stereotype but yeah, her face and body haven’t been doctored…
    Now I hope whoever styled her there gets her a good dress for her next awards shoe, b/c clearly she is hot, hot, hot and will be at a lot of red carpets.

Trackbacks