One thing I love to do when it comes to blogging about the plus size community is too read the news about what is happening around the world. In the old days it used to be a quick journey because there was so little to report. Fast forward to 2013 and not only are there more stores dedicated to plus sizes, but there are more websites talking about all things curvy.
Big Link Roundup: February 19
- The Official British Plus-Size Fashion Weekend kicked off featuring 13 plus size fashion designers over a two day period
- In the article, Full Figures, Front and Center, statement like “the plus-size shopper is an aspirational shopper” makes one ponder
- According to an NPD study, Plus sizes now account for 29 per cent of sales in the intimate apparel category
- An inspirational story about the need for donations of prom dresses for plus size teens – great read!
- Plus size fashion retailer Fashion to Figure gets an $18 million dollar infusion of cash from investors at Perella Weinberg Partners
- The Daily Beast reports on the fascination with plus-size blogging
- Mega successful plus size model Fluvia Lacerda gets a great feature in PHAT Magazine
- Belk Private Brands is searching for a Part-time Plus Size Pant Fit Model in the Charlotte, NC area.
- FFFWeek Casting: Sun Feb 24th in SC! 12p-3:30p, Lane Bryant Village at Sandhill, 630 Promenade Place Columbia, SC 29229 http://www.fffweek.com/2013/
- Anna Scholz was one of the featured designers at London Plus-Size Fashion Week
As you can see there is a lot happening in the world of plus size fashion. I really enjoy clicking on each of the links and reading about the great accomplishments of so many great individuals.