So. I LOVE makeup. LOVE IT.
So much so, that I have been sharing it more and more on the blog! For my Blog Anniversary Party, I had the pleasure of having Melissa Hibbert from PROliphic Beauty donate her services to my event! And girlfriend? Killed it!
I was inspired by Brandy’s Red Carpet look here:
Since I JUST got my hair done quite similarly to hers, (rocking the Milky Way Brazillian Curl Indian Hair) I was wanting DRAMA on my eyes! But Melissa? She brought it! Are you ready for my before and after?
I cannot believe I am showing you! LOL Here you go:
And here is my After:
Some of you have already asked what was used, the colors and more, so I have asked Melissa (who will soon be contributing to the site with more makeup features- WHEEE!!!) What a better way than to have her share!
What Melissa used and How:
“If there is one color that dominated the runways during the Spring 2013 fashion show, it was blue -the Blue Smokey-Eye formed a major beauty trend – it’s chic and modern alternative to the traditional smoky often using black. For Marie I knew instantly that I wanted to use a bold color to match her personality, not to mention, blue is a great compliment to the skin tone of Brown Girls. The idea was to be bold, beautiful, and glamorous with a slight edge to balance out Marie’s gorgeous leather puff sleeve dress. I personally believe in Total Beauty – meaning the Makeup, Hair and Wardrobe should complement everyone, working together cohesively to achieve a seamless and flawless look. Here are the steps to achieve Marie’s bold, beautiful Blue Smokey Eyes and flawless Makeup.”
- Applied Moisturizers to face using Marie’s daily moisturizer and applied Makeup Forever HD Primer to enhance the skins textures
- Cleaned up her brows with the Tweezerman Slant Tweezer and then shaded her brows with Spiked brow pencil from MAC
- Applied Urban Decay Eye shadow Primer to the eye-lid as a base to prevent eye shadow from creasing
- On the lid, I applied the Medium-Dark Blue with a satin sheen eye shadow from the Tom Ford Cobalt Rush Eye Color Quad.
- On the outer crease, I blended the Blue-teal shimmer from the Tom Ford Cobalt Rush Eye Color Quad.
- To add the “smoke” effect, I applied the Cocoa shade eye shadow from Bobbie Brown – blended well to show a seamless transition with the Blue hues on the lid.
- I used the Lise Watier Professional Color Corrector quad to minimize the any dark spots or circles under Marie’s eyes or on face
- Applied the Cover FX Cream Foundation for a heavier coverage, perfect for the red carpet. Next I used the Makeup Forever HD Invisible Cover Concealer under her eyes and patted lightly with my ring finger. I then applied the Laura Mercier Loose Setting powder to lock in the concealer!
- To contour, I used the MAC Deep Dark mineral bronzer
- Next I added luxury lashes from Moda collection and lined the yes with Inglot gel eyeliner
- For the lips, I used my signature beautiful Nude gloss blend, you can find similar nude gloss with the “Nougat” color from Bobbi Brown
- To set the makeup to last all night long, I sprayed the Urban Decay, DE-Slick Oil Control Setting Spray
And voila, we have this face:
I mean, she beat it, didn’t she!!!! Woot! I was sooooo happy! SOOOO HYPED! Seriously! You can learn more about PROliphic Beauty here, follow her on Facebook, and Tweet with her on Twitter! Please show this lady some love!!!! I know I have!
ANDDDD I cannot wait to have her on the blog to share more gems and mounds of beauty tips!