Man, it is amazing how much a year can do for you! Seriously! This ride with the blog has been a beautiful one for me, and for that I am grateful! If you are a new reader or have been reading for a minute, I just wanted to take a moment and reflect on all that has happened in 2011!
If we don’t know where we came from, we won’t know where we are going yes?? So, on that note, I wanted to take a quick moment to just share a few highlights for me and the blog! A little different from the Top Ten Posts of 2011, this is my reflection on all the things accomplished this year- giving me the motivation to bring you more oomph and panache in the next!
The Best Moments of 2011 on The Curvy Fashionista
- Chevy hired me to be their Fashion Cruzearati!
- The Curvy Fashionista in November’s People Style Watch!
- I wrote my eBook (finally): Keeping it Curvy.Confident.Chic.
- Talked about more than fashion, shared my hair story and secret love for beauty!
- I was a finalist for the Black Weblog Awards!
- I attended my first NYFW fashion week and blogger conferences: Blog Her and Blogging While Brown!
- I interviewed and befriended Chelsea Settles
- Made it to year three of The Curvy Fashionista!
- Positively affected change with bullies and body shame
- I was an Official Fashion’s Night Out Blogger for LA!
- Spoke at Woodbury University’s Retail Camp about blogging
- Was invited by WWDMagic to go to MAGIC Trade Show
- I turned 30 and celebrated by being sent to New York for the As U Are Launch and Plus Model Magazine Blogger Conference
- Did my first Magazine photo shoot for Regard Magazine’s Blog! (more coming soon!)
- I have learned so much about The Plus Size Community and beyond!
Looking back at all I have done this year, I know that next year is going to be stellar for me! With my vision board completed, who knows what fabulosity shall happen!
Q. What were some of your stellar moments for 2011?
GET PLUS SIZE FASHION NEWS IN YOUR INBOX! ;)
Sign Up For My Weekly Newsletter To Get The Latest Plus Size Fashion News And Exclusive Offers! Once A Week, On Sundays!