Man, it is amazing how much a year can do for you! Seriously! This ride with the blog has been a beautiful one for me, and for that I am grateful! If you are a new reader or have been reading for a minute, I just wanted to take a moment and reflect on all that has happened in 2011!
If we don’t know where we came from, we won’t know where we are going yes?? So, on that note, I wanted to take a quick moment to just share a few highlights for me and the blog! A little different from the Top Ten Posts of 2011, this is my reflection on all the things accomplished this year- giving me the motivation to bring you more oomph and panache in the next!
The Best Moments of 2011 on The Curvy Fashionista
- Chevy hired me to be their Fashion Cruzearati!
- The Curvy Fashionista in November’s People Style Watch!
- Talked about more than fashion, shared my hair story and secret love for beauty!
- I was a finalist for the Black Weblog Awards!
- I attended my first NYFW fashion week and blogger conferences: Blog Her and Blogging While Brown!
- I interviewed and befriended Chelsea Settles
- year three of The Curvy Fashionista!
- Positively affected change with bullies and body shame
- I was an Official Fashion’s Night Out Blogger for LA!
- Spoke at Woodbury University’s Retail Camp about blogging
- Was invited by WWDMagic to go to MAGIC Trade Show
- I turned 30 and celebrated by being sent to New York for the As U Are Launch and Plus Model Magazine Blogger Conference
- Did my first Magazine photo shoot for Regard Magazine’s Blog! (more coming soon!)
- I have learned so much about The Plus Size Community and beyond!
Looking back at all I have done this year, I know that next year is going to be stellar for me! With my vision board completed, who knows what fabulosity shall happen!