Connect

Althea Harper Fall 2011 Collection

Chevy Cruzearati: Fashion Unexpected

Fashion Unexpected 2: Althea Harper: Cruze-arati

If you haven’t been following, WELCOME to my blog! Over the last few months, I have been working on an amazing social media project with Chevrolet for the launch of their CHEVY CRUZE! They have chosen ME, The Curvy Fashionista as their Fashion Cruzearati to cover fashion from across the country!

My latest adventures took me to New York Fashion Week, in the freezing cold- but with TONS of Fashion!!!! My First adventure with Chevy took me to the studio of project Runway Alumni, Althea Harper! SUCH A SWEETHEART she is! I had the pleasure of visiting her studio, helping her pack her bags, load MY CRUZE, take her to her event space, go behind the scenes, and watch her entire collection come to life as I bring you Fashion Unexpected during Fall 2011 NEW YORK FASHION WEEK!

Fashion Unexpected 2: Althea Harper: Cruze-arati

What I really admired and liked about Althea was her amazing DRIVE, Honesty, and OPENNESS about the plus size fashion community! YOU HEAR ME!?! Her OPENNESS and respect to the plus size fashionista and her desire to rock contemporary and body conscious fashionable pieces! Cause you know I ASKED HER ABOUT IT!

Here is my Cruzearati Fashion Unexpected Video with the lovely Althea Harper!

I sooo loved her concept for the show!!!!

Here are some images from Althea Harper’s Fall Presentation show!

Fashion Unexpected 2: Althea Harper: Cruze-arati

Fashion Unexpected 2: Althea Harper: Cruze-arati

Fashion Unexpected 2: Althea Harper: Cruze-arati

You can catch all of the behind the scenes photos on the Chevy Flickr page here!

Related:   Your Favorite Must Read Plus Size News Round Up!

Share with me I want to know:

Did you enjoy this SECOND episode of “Fashion Unexpected”? Sound off and let me know what YOU want to see more of!

P.S. Also, do not forget to check back in DAILY with me and on the UBER COOL Cruze-arati website, follow me @mariedenee AND the@cruzearati on Twitter, catch #Cruzearati on Foursquare, and peep all the #Cruzearati on Facebook! My webisodes will also be featured on the Chevy You Tube Page!

The Chevy Cruzearati

1. Pingback: Tweets that mention Althea Harper Fall 2011 Collection | -- Topsy.com

2. Cid

February 20, 2011 at 5:14 AM

love it! she was one of my fave’s on Project Runway glad to see she is doing well! Great job Marie, keep repping those curves!

3. Gneuble1

February 20, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Hey now! That was Fabulous! I loved, loved, loved it! Thanks for bringing a fresh and unexpected twist to your presentation!

I can’t wait for more……and Althea is doing great – thanks for giving us a sneak peak at what she’s doing.

4. Pingback: Tweets that mention Althea Harper Fall 2011 Collection | -- Topsy.com

5. Marie Denee

February 21, 2011 at 6:19 AM

Thank you Auntie!!!! I really appreciate you stopping by! Hooting Althea Harper’s Collection was a blast and a half! A delight!!!!!

6. Marie Denee

February 21, 2011 at 6:20 AM

THANK YOU CID! You know she is open to working in a few plus pieces! I am excited to see what and how she will bring it!

7. Osun

February 21, 2011 at 7:47 PM

FAB U lous job Marie! Wonderful to see more and more Designers recognize that we do exist- and you are a major part of that movement – KUDOS!

Delali Haligah
    OSUN Designs

8. Farrah

February 21, 2011 at 8:23 PM

what an amazing gig! congrats.

9. Pingback: Tweets that mention Althea Harper Fall 2011 Collection | -- Topsy.com

10. Marie Denee

February 21, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Miss Delali!!!! How are you!!!! Thank you for stopping by! I am honored for this amazing opportunity and I am having a blast!

11. Marie Denee

February 21, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Thank you love!!!! I am have sooo much fun!!!!

12. Pingback: What's Haute Magazine » New York and London ready-to-wear runway reviews, Spring trends, win an HTC HD7 phone and more on Weekly Shopping and Goodies

13. Pingback: RedPoppy Fashion & style- Shopping & Goodies Weekly RedPoppy Fashion & style

14. Pingback: Shopping & Goodies 2.23.11 – TheFind blog